Wet weather continues across Pacific Northwest, New England
An active weather pattern continues across the Pacific Northwest on Thursday, where an onshore flow will usher in moisture from the Pacific Ocean, resulting in several inches of rain across the region. Meanwhile, a coastal storm off the Northeast coast will bring periods of rain to parts of New England through early Friday. Showers and thunderstorms are also possible across parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
26NM WSW Annapolis MD
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
FORECASTS OF WAVE HEIGHTS DO NOT INCLUDE EFFECTS OF WIND DIRECTION
RELATIVE TO TIDAL CURRENTS. EXPECT HIGHER WAVES WHEN WINDS ARE
BLOWING AGAINST THE TIDAL FLOW.
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OFF THE DELMARVA WILL CONTINUE TO TRACK NORTHEAST
TODAY...AS HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN FROM THE UPPER MIDWEST. THE HIGH
WILL LIKELY REMAIN OVER THE REGION INTO THE MIDDLE OF NEXT
WEEK...WITH A WEAK SYSTEM PASSING TO OUR NORTH SATURDAY NIGHT INTO
SUNDAY. SMALL CRAFT ADVISORIES ARE IN EFFECT OVERNIGHT INTO FRIDAY.
- This Afternoon NW wind around 14 kt, with gusts as high as 24 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight NW wind 9 to 11 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NW wind 9 to 13 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night WNW wind 6 to 8 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday WNW wind 7 to 10 kt becoming WSW in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SW wind around 7 kt becoming W after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday WNW wind 8 to 11 kt increasing to 12 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 24 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night WNW wind 5 to 9 kt. Clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE