Severe thunderstorms possible across parts of Texas and the Southeast into the weekend
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Friday afternoon and evening across parts of northwest TX into southern OK. On Saturday, the risk increases across parts of central TX and the TX Gulf Coast, with damaging winds and a few tornadoes possible. The risk decreases somewhat and moves to the Southeast on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
33NM WSW Annapolis MD
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
FORECASTS OF WAVE HEIGHTS DO NOT INCLUDE EFFECTS OF WIND DIRECTION
RELATIVE TO TIDAL CURRENTS. EXPECT HIGHER WAVES WHEN WINDS ARE
BLOWING AGAINST THE TIDAL FLOW.
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD ACROSS THE WATERS THROUGH EARLY SUNDAY. A
WARM FRONT LIFTS NORTH THROUGH THE WATERS SUNDAY FOLLOWED BY A COLD
FRONT TO START THE WORK WEEK. HIGH PRESSURE RETURNS FOR MID WEEK.
SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY CONDITIONS WILL BE LIKELY SUNDAY INTO MONDAY.
- This Afternoon NW wind 10 to 12 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSW 5 to 8 kt in the morning. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night SSW wind around 7 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 8 kt in the morning. A chance of rain, mainly after 3pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SE wind 5 to 8 kt becoming SSE 10 to 13 kt after midnight. Rain. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday SSW wind around 11 kt, with gusts as high as 24 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SSW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE