Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.28 in (1025.2 mb)
- Dewpoint22°F (-6°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Washington DC, Reagan National Airport (KDCA)
Lat: 38.86 Lon: -77.03 Elev: 16ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 26. West wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29. Northwest wind 9 to 14 mph.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21. West wind around 5 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 40. Southwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Calm wind.
- Saturday A chance of rain and snow before 1pm, then rain. High near 39. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain. Low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 28.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Arlington/Falls Church/Alexandria, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE