Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSSW 5 MPH
- Barometer29.92 in (1015.7 mb)
- Dewpoint-3°F (-19°C)
- Wind Chill12°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
South Lake Tahoe, Lake Tahoe Airport (KTVL)
Lat: 38.89836 Lon: -119.99615 Elev: 6257ft.
South Lake Tahoe CA
7 Day Forecast
- Today A 30 percent chance of snow after 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 28. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight Snow, mainly after 10pm. Low around 16. South wind around 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow showers. High near 23. West wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around -1. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming northeast in the evening.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 23. East wind around 5 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -6.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 26.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -3.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Thursday A slight chance of rain and snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 47.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Greater Lake Tahoe Area, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE