Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.50 in
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Luray Caverns Airport (KLUA)
Lat: 38.67°N Lon: 78.5°W Elev: 903ft.
6 Miles ESE Lost River WV
7 Day Forecast
- Today Showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 3pm. High near 68. Breezy, with a light southwest wind becoming south 15 to 20 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain showers, possibly mixing with snow after 9pm, then gradually ending. Low around 15. Windy, with a northwest wind 26 to 31 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 28. Wind chill values as low as -2. Blustery, with a northwest wind around 25 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 17. Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 53. Southwest wind 6 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 54.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 48. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Monday A chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a high near 35. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Monday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Shenandoah County, VA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE