Heavy Lake-Effect Snow Across the Great Lakes this Week
Cold winds over the relatively warm Great Lakes will promote heavy lake-effect snow downwind of the lakes through at least Thursday. The heaviest snow will occur in Upstate New York downwind of Lakes Erie and Ontario where up to two feet of snow could fall this week.
- Wind SpeedW 13 km/h
- Barometer30.32 in (1027.7 mb)
- Dewpoint-10°C (14°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-10°C (14°F)
Current conditions at
Columbia Regional Airport (KCOU)
Lat: 38.83 Lon: -92.22 Elev: 893ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near -4. Northwest wind 13 to 23 km/h.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -14. Northwest wind 5 to 11 km/h becoming south after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 1. Southwest wind 11 to 21 km/h.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -6. Southwest wind 14 to 18 km/h.
- Friday Snow and sleet likely, mainly after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 1. South wind 13 to 18 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Friday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around -3. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near -1.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -9.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near -3.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -9.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near -1.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -5.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 3.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Boone County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE