Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNA
Current conditions at
SCHOFIELD PASS (SOSC2)
Lat: 39.02 Lon: -107.05 Elev: 10700ft.
9 Miles SSW Snowmass Village CO
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow. High near 2. Wind chill values as low as -25. Breezy, with a west southwest wind 20 to 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly before 4am. Cloudy, with a low around -10. Wind chill values as low as -30. West southwest wind 10 to 15 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Monday A 40 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy and cold, with a high near 1. Wind chill values as low as -25. Blustery, with a northwest wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 15 to 20 mph in the afternoon.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -9. Wind chill values as low as -25. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming southwest after midnight.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 18. West wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Gore and Elk Mountains/Central Mountain Valleys, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE