Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Barometer29.99 in (1025.5 mb)
- Dewpoint-23°C (-9°F)
- Visibility16 km
Current conditions at
Grand Junction, Walker Field (KGJT)
Lat: 39.13389 Lon: -108.53861 Elev: 4859ft.
Grand Junction CO
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Patchy fog. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around -23. Calm wind.
- Friday Patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near -7. Calm wind.
- Friday Night Cloudy, with a low around -16. East southeast wind 5 to 10 km/h.
- Saturday Snow likely after noon. Cloudy, with a high near -2. Southeast wind around 10 km/h becoming west southwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 centimeters possible.
- Saturday Night Snow likely, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around -10. South wind 5 to 15 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near -5.
- Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -17.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near -8.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -18.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near -4.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -13.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near -4.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -11.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near -3.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Grand Valley, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE