Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 9 km/h
- Barometer29.69 in (1005.1 mb)
- Dewpoint-1°C (31°F)
- Visibility16 km
Current conditions at
Charles B Wheeler Downtown Airport (KMKC)
Lat: 39.12°N Lon: 94.6°W Elev: 758ft.
Kansas City MO
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 8. South southwest wind 11 to 14 km/h.
- Tuesday A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 22. South southwest wind 14 to 23 km/h, with gusts as high as 32 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Night Rain and snow likely before 1am, then a chance of snow. Some thunder is also possible. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -1. Blustery, with a north wind 35 to 40 km/h decreasing to 27 to 32 km/h after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 55 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than a half centimeter possible.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 7. North northwest wind 24 to 26 km/h, with gusts as high as 37 km/h.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -2. North northwest wind 13 to 18 km/h becoming light and variable after midnight.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 16.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 5.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 16.
- Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 3.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 15.
- Saturday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 9. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -1.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 10.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jackson County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE