Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 24 G 33 km/h
- Barometer30.50 in (1034.2 mb)
- Dewpoint-19°C (-3°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-16°C (4°F)
Current conditions at
Charles B Wheeler Downtown Airport (KMKC)
Lat: 39.12 Lon: -94.6 Elev: 758ft.
Kansas City MO
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Partly sunny, with a high near -7. North wind 14 to 16 km/h.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -15. North wind 10 to 14 km/h.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near -7. Wind chill values between -12 and -21. Northeast wind around 11 km/h.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -9. East wind 11 to 16 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near -3. East southeast wind 11 to 16 km/h becoming light east northeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 centimeters possible.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -11. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near -8.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -13.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near -1.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -9.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near -1.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -7.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 2.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Jackson County, MO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE