Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNA
Current conditions at
Frederick Municipal Airport (KFDK)
Lat: 39.42 Lon: -77.37 Elev: 308ft.
Frederick Municipal Airport MD
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. West wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Light and variable wind.
- Saturday Snow before 1pm, then snow and sleet. High near 32. East wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before midnight, then rain likely. Low around 32. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 8 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Northwest wind 14 to 18 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Frederick County, MD
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE