Complex Winter Storm Taking Shape Across Parts of Central, Eastern U.S.
A complex storm system will begin impacting parts of the central and eastern U.S. on Friday and into the weekend. Heavy snowfall is expected across parts of the Midwest into the Ohio Valley on Friday, with chances for heavy snow moving into the Northeast on Saturday. Freezing rain is also possible on Saturday in from northern New Jersey into the central Appalachians.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 6 mph
- Barometer30.31 in (1027.4 mb)
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill23°F (-5°C)
Current conditions at
Parkersburg, Mid Ohio Valley Regional Airport (KPKB)
Lat: 39.36 Lon: -81.43 Elev: 831ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 37. Southwest wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly after 5am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 28. Southeast wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Snow before 11am, then rain and snow between 11am and noon, then rain after noon. High near 39. East wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain, snow showers, and sleet before midnight, then a chance of snow showers. Low around 31. Southeast wind 5 to 9 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Sunday A slight chance of snow showers before 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 31. West wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Night Cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 35.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Washington County, OH
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE