Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind Speedcalm
- Dewpoint-17°C (2°F)
Current conditions at
No Name Tunnel (8) (CO091)
Lat: 39.56152 Lon: -107.3055 Elev: 5765ft.
Glenwood Springs CO
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around -21. West wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming calm in the evening.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near -8. Wind chill values as low as -25. West southwest wind 5 to 10 km/h.
- Friday Night Cloudy, with a low around -14. Calm wind.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of snow after noon. Cloudy, with a high near -4. South southeast wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming west southwest in the afternoon.
- Saturday Night Snow likely, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around -12. Southwest wind 5 to 10 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday A 30 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near -6.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -17.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near -10.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -19.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near -3.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -14.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near -2.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -12.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near -3.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Central Colorado River Basin, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE