Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSSE 1 G 4 MPH
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility2.10 mi
Current conditions at
Dowd Junction (10) (CO092)
Lat: 39.60794°N Lon: 106.44911°W Elev: 7747ft.
3 Miles SSE Vail CO
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow likely, mainly after 4am. Cloudy, with a low around 22. Windy, with a west southwest wind 30 to 35 mph decreasing to 25 to 30 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 50 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Tuesday Snow. High near 26. Breezy, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Tuesday Night A 50 percent chance of snow, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7. North wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 27. North wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south southwest in the morning.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 13. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south southwest in the evening.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Saturday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Gore and Elk Mountains/Central Mountain Valleys, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE