Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Snow Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedNW 13 mph
- Barometer30.32 in (1027.9 mb)
- Dewpoint20°F (-7°C)
- Visibility2.50 mi
- Wind Chill12°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
Indianapolis International Airport (KIND)
Lat: 39.73 Lon: -86.27 Elev: 810ft.
Indianapolis International Airport IN
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A 20 percent chance of snow before 9pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 11. Wind chill values as low as zero. North northwest wind around 9 mph.
- Saturday Sunny, with a high near 22. Wind chill values as low as -2. North northwest wind 7 to 9 mph.
- Saturday Night Increasing clouds, with a temperature rising to around 20 by 3am. North wind 6 to 9 mph becoming east after midnight.
- Sunday A chance of snow between 10am and 1pm, then a chance of freezing rain and sleet after 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 29. East northeast wind 8 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow and sleet before 10pm, then a chance of snow between 10pm and 1am. Cloudy, with a low around 22. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 28.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 20.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 6.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 24.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Friday A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Marion County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE