Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSW 13 km/h
- Barometer30.52 in (1035.2 mb)
- Dewpoint-19°C (-3°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-19°C (-2°F)
Current conditions at
Indianapolis International Airport (KIND)
Lat: 39.73 Lon: -86.27 Elev: 810ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near -7. Wind chill values as low as -18. Southwest wind 16 to 18 km/h.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -11. Southwest wind 11 to 16 km/h.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 1. South southwest wind 11 to 13 km/h.
- Friday Night Snow. Low around -3. South wind around 11 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Snow. High near 1. Southeast wind 6 to 11 km/h becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- Saturday Night A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -7.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near -4.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -11.
- Monday Mostly cloudy, with a high near -1.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -5.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 1.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -5.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 1.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Marion County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE