Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 7 km/h
- Barometer30.64 in (1038.8 mb)
- Dewpoint-16°C (3°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-18°C (-1°F)
Current conditions at
Springfield, Capital Airport (KSPI)
Lat: 39.86 Lon: -89.67 Elev: 586ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near -7. Wind chill values between -12 and -22. North wind 10 to 16 km/h.
- Tonight Increasing clouds, with a low around -11. East northeast wind 10 to 16 km/h.
- Sunday A 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near -2. Wind chill values between -7 and -16. East wind 13 to 18 km/h becoming south southeast in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 24 km/h.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow and freezing drizzle before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around -8. South southeast wind 11 to 16 km/h becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near -4. West northwest wind 16 to 21 km/h, with gusts as high as 27 km/h.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -13.
- Tuesday Sunny, with a high near -2.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -11.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near -3.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -11.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near -2.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -7.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 2.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sangamon County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE