Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedSW 19 km/h
- Barometer29.87 in (1011.5 mb)
- Dewpoint-2°C (29°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill1°C (34°F)
Current conditions at
Springfield, Capital Airport (KSPI)
Lat: 39.86°N Lon: 89.67°W Elev: 586ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 18. West southwest wind 18 to 21 km/h, with gusts as high as 27 km/h.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 4. West southwest wind 8 to 13 km/h becoming light southwest after midnight.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 18. Light southeast wind becoming east 8 to 13 km/h in the morning.
- Tuesday Night Rain likely, possibly mixed with sleet before 1am, then snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around -1. Blustery, with a northeast wind 24 to 29 km/h increasing to 30 to 35 km/h after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 55 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 centimeters possible.
- Wednesday A 30 percent chance of snow before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 3. North wind 26 to 29 km/h, with gusts as high as 45 km/h.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -5.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 8.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 2.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 14.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 2.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 11.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 0.
- Sunday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 6.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sangamon County, IL
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE