Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 7 mph
- Barometer30.38 in (1029.7 mb)
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility0.50 mi
- Wind Chill15°F (-9°C)
Current conditions at
York Airport (KTHV)
Lat: 39.92 Lon: -76.87 Elev: 472ft.
3 Miles NW Glenville PA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Sunny, with a high near 25. West wind 9 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 14. Southwest wind around 7 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 33. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Light and variable wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Snow. High near 34. East wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 1am, then a chance of snow. Low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for York County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE