Winter Weather Affecting Much of the Country
Winter weather conditions are affecting much of the country this week. Cold air is plunging into the Western and Central U.S., as heavy snow continues across the Northern Plains and Great Lakes. As the system moves east and south, a major icing event is forecast for portions of the Southern Plains to the Ozarks and into the Ohio Valley beginning Thursday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 7 km/h
- Barometer29.93 in (1022.3 mb)
- Dewpoint-21°C (-5°F)
- Visibility16 km
- Wind Chill-24°C (-11°F)
Current conditions at
Denver Intnl Arpt (KDEN)
Lat: 39.87 Lon: -104.67 Elev: 5414ft.
Denver International Airport CO
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight A 20 percent chance of snow before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -23. North wind 8 to 13 km/h becoming light and variable.
- Thursday A 10 percent chance of snow after noon. Partly sunny and cold, with a high near -14. Wind chill values as low as -28. Southeast wind 5 to 11 km/h.
- Thursday Night A 20 percent chance of snow before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -23. East wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming calm after midnight.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near -11. Wind chill values as low as -23. Calm wind becoming east southeast 5 to 10 km/h in the afternoon.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -20. South wind 5 to 10 km/h.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near -9.
- Saturday Night A 30 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around -18.
- Sunday A chance of snow. Cloudy and cold, with a high near -12.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -18.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near -8.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -16.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near -2.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -11.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 3.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for North Douglas County Below 6000 Feet/Denver/West Adams and Arapahoe Counties/East Broomfield County, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE