Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.13 in
- Dewpoint-4°F (-20°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Boulder Municipal Airport (KBDU)
Lat: 40.04 Lon: -105.23 Elev: 5288ft.
3 Miles NE Aspen Springs CO
7 Day Forecast
- Today Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 7. Wind chill values as low as -6. West southwest wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 1. Wind chill values as low as -12. West southwest wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Saturday Snow likely, mainly after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 14. Wind chill values as low as -11. South wind around 7 mph becoming east southeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Night Snow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 1. Wind chill values as low as -11. Southeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Sunday Snow likely, mainly before 11am. Cloudy and cold, with a high near 10. Northwest wind 8 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday Night A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -4.
- Monday A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 10. Breezy.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 4. Breezy.
- Tuesday A slight chance of snow. Mostly sunny, with a high near 24. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12. Breezy.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19. Breezy.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39. Breezy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for South and Southeast Grand/West Central and Southwest Boulder/Gilpin/Clear Creek/Summit/North and West Park Counties Above 9000 Feet, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE