Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 5 mph
- Barometer30.11 in (1028.8 mb)
- Dewpoint-2°F (-19°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
- Wind Chill-3°F (-19°C)
Current conditions at
Denver Intnl Arpt (KDEN)
Lat: 39.87 Lon: -104.67 Elev: 5414ft.
Denver International Airport CO
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 8. Wind chill values as low as -4. East southeast wind 3 to 5 mph.
- Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around -2. Wind chill values as low as -15. South wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly after 11am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 16. Wind chill values as low as -13. South wind around 7 mph becoming east southeast in the afternoon. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 2. Wind chill values as low as -9. Southeast wind 5 to 7 mph becoming north after midnight. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday A 40 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 14. North wind 6 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 16 mph.
- Sunday Night A 20 percent chance of snow before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -2.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 17.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 5.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 31.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for North Douglas County Below 6000 Feet/Denver/West Adams and Arapahoe Counties/East Broomfield County, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE