Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.69 in (1005.2 mb)
- Dewpoint36°F (2°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Philadelphia International Airport (KPHL)
Lat: 39.87°N Lon: 75.23°W Elev: 5ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44. Light east wind.
- Wednesday Showers, mainly after 1pm. High near 64. East wind 6 to 14 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain showers before 1am, then a slight chance of snow showers between 1am and 3am. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 20. Windy, with a southwest wind 16 to 21 mph becoming northwest 26 to 31 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Partly sunny, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 30. Windy, with a northwest wind 26 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 41 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20. Blustery, with a west wind 15 to 20 mph decreasing to 7 to 12 mph after midnight.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 37.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 57.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 48.
- Sunday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 41. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Philadelphia County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE