Major Winter Storm Moves into Upper Midwest and Central Rockies
The major winter storm that has been affecting the northern Rockies & Plains has moved into the Upper Midwest & central Rockies where a foot or more of snow is forecast for some locations Wed. into Thur. Freezing rain is also possible for parts of the Great Lakes. Meanwhile bitterly cold air will persist across the western U.S. with highs on Wed. only reaching the single digits in some locations.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNA
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
Boulder Municipal Airport (KBDU)
Lat: 40.04 Lon: -105.23 Elev: 5288ft.
2 Miles SW Boulder CO
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow, mainly before 5pm. Temperature falling to around 4 by 5pm. Wind chill values as low as -3. East northeast wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Tonight A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly before 9pm. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around -7. Calm wind. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday A 10 percent chance of snow after 11am. Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 8. Wind chill values as low as -14. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night A 20 percent chance of snow before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -7. Wind chill values as low as -18. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph after midnight.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 12. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -3.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 18.
- Saturday Night A chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Sunday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 17.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 7.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 22.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 28.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Boulder And Jefferson Counties Below 6000 Feet/West Broomfield County, CO
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE