Developing storm system in the Midwest moves east on Wednesday
A strengthening low pressure will move from the Midwest to the Northeast on Wednesday. As it does, it will bring several inches of snow from northern Illinois to Maine. The hardest hit areas are expected to be from western New York to Maine where 1 to 2 feet of snow is possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.55 in (1000.3 mb)
- Dewpoint35°F (2°C)
- Visibility8.00 mi
Current conditions at
Pottstown Limerick Airport (KPTW)
Lat: 40.24°N Lon: 75.56°W Elev: 292ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Today Scattered showers, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. High near 65. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight Rain showers, snow, and sleet before midnight, then a slight chance of snow and sleet between midnight and 1am. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 20. Windy, with a southwest wind 15 to 20 mph becoming northwest 26 to 31 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 27. Blustery, with a northwest wind 23 to 25 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15. Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 46. Light west wind becoming southwest 9 to 14 mph in the morning.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 33.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 54.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 45.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Monday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Chester, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE