Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedS 5 MPH
- Barometer29.93 in (1021.3 mb)
- Dewpoint5°F (-15°C)
- Wind Chill8°F (-13°C)
Current conditions at
Eureka Airport ASOS (KP68)
Lat: 39.60139 Lon: -116.00556 Elev: 5945ft.
49 Miles SSE Elko NV
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A 30 percent chance of snow after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 21. Southwest wind around 6 mph. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight Snow, mainly after 10pm. Low around 8. Wind chill values as low as -5. South wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow, mainly before 4pm. High near 23. Wind chill values as low as -9. South southwest wind 8 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Night A 40 percent chance of snow showers, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -8. Wind chill values as low as -24. West northwest wind around 10 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 13. West northwest wind 11 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -19.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 20.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -10.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for South Central Elko County, NV
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE