Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 10 mph
- Barometer29.26 in (991.0 mb)
- Dewpoint37°F (3°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill49°F (9°C)
Current conditions at
Harrisburg, Capital City Airport (KCXY)
Lat: 40.23°N Lon: 76.85°W Elev: 348ft.
New Germantown PA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Rain, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. High near 54. South wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Tonight A chance of snow showers, mainly before 11pm. Some thunder is also possible. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 12. Wind chill values as low as -2. Windy, with a northwest wind 23 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 46 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 22. Wind chill values as low as -7. Windy, with a northwest wind 24 to 26 mph, with gusts as high as 41 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15. Northwest wind 11 to 16 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 22 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49. Southwest wind 7 to 13 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 50.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 43.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Perry County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE