Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 14 mph
- Barometer30.35 in (1028.3 mb)
- Dewpoint3°F (-16°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill13°F (-11°C)
Current conditions at
Harrisburg, Capital City Airport (KCXY)
Lat: 40.23 Lon: -76.85 Elev: 348ft.
West Fairview PA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Mostly sunny, with a high near 26. West wind 11 to 13 mph.
- Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 14. West wind 6 to 8 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 32. West wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Friday Night A chance of snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Snow. High near 32. East wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Snow, freezing rain, and sleet before 1am, then a chance of snow. Low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Sunday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday Partly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 38.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cumberland County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE