Strengthening winter storm impacting Northeast; severe weather possible in Mid-Atlantic
A developing storm system will move from the Ohio Valley into the Northeast on Wednesday, bringing accumulating snow from the Lower Great Lakes to northern New England. Some areas could see more than a foot of snow. Meanwhile, there is a Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms in the Mid-Atlantic, with damaging winds as the main threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Overcast with Haze
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer29.43 in (996.6 mb)
- Dewpoint38°F (3°C)
- Visibility4.00 mi
Current conditions at
Harrisburg, Capital City Airport (KCXY)
Lat: 40.23°N Lon: 76.85°W Elev: 348ft.
5 Miles ESE Halifax PA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Rain, mainly between 11am and 2pm, then showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Some of the storms could be severe. High near 55. South wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Tonight Rain showers before 11pm, then a chance of snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 15. Windy, with a northwest wind 24 to 31 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 24. Wind chill values as low as -3. Windy, with a northwest wind 23 to 28 mph, with gusts as high as 34 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 14. West wind 11 to 16 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 23 mph.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 47. South wind 5 to 11 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 52.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 30.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 36. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Monday Night A slight chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 42.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Dauphin County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE