Complex Winter Storm Impacting Central and Eastern U.S.
Significant winter weather continues to plague several areas as a storm system tracks from the Gulf Coast to the Northeast on Sunday. Snow, sleet and freezing rain are forecast from the Lower Mississippi River Valley northeastward to New England, with extensive freezing rain possible across the southern and central Appalachians and foothills from North Carolina to central Pennsylvania.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedE 3 mph
- Barometer30.58 in (1036.0 mb)
- Dewpoint14°F (-10°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Harrisburg, Capital City Airport (KCXY)
Lat: 40.23 Lon: -76.85 Elev: 348ft.
5 Miles ESE Halifax PA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow before 4pm, then snow and sleet. High near 28. Calm wind becoming east around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow and sleet before 1am, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet. Low around 26. Southeast wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Monday Freezing rain before 10am, then rain. High near 41. West wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A slight chance of rain before 1am, then a slight chance of flurries. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Northwest wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 32. West wind around 8 mph.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 30.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Dauphin County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE