Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 7 mph
- Barometer30.43 in (1032.6 mb)
- Dewpoint18°F (-8°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill23°F (-5°C)
Current conditions at
Pittsburgh, Allegheny County Airport (KAGC)
Lat: 40.36 Lon: -79.94 Elev: 1248ft.
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Partly sunny, with a high near 31. Northwest wind around 8 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 15. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming calm in the evening.
- Sunday Snow likely before 2pm, then snow and sleet likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30. East wind 7 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Night Freezing rain and sleet likely before 1am, then rain or freezing rain likely between 1am and 3am, then rain likely after 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 30. Southeast wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday A chance of rain, mainly before noon. Cloudy, with a high near 41. Southwest wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Monday Night A slight chance of snow showers after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Tuesday A chance of snow showers before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Wednesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 12.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 17.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 35.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Allegheny County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE