Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedESE 1 G 3 MPH
- Dewpoint-3°F (-19°C)
Current conditions at
MANZANITA LAKE (VIOC1)
Lat: 40.541492 Lon: -121.580153 Elev: 5732ft.
19 Miles NW Chester CA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Partly cloudy, with a low around 7. West wind around 11 mph.
- Friday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 15. West southwest wind 13 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Friday Night Snow, mainly before 4am. Steady temperature around 10. Breezy, with a west southwest wind 17 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 38 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
- Saturday A 40 percent chance of snow showers. Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 9. West northwest wind 10 to 14 mph becoming north in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 21 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 3. North northeast wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Wednesday A slight chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Wednesday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25.
- Thursday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Plumas County/Lassen Park, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE