Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Freezing Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedN 6 km/h
- Barometer30.15 in
- Dewpoint0°C (32°F)
- Visibility8 km
Current conditions at
Altoona-Blair County Airport (KAOO)
Lat: 40.3 Lon: -78.32 Elev: 1480ft.
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow and sleet before 2am, then a chance of snow. Low around -5. North wind 10 to 13 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of 9 to 13 centimeters possible.
- Saturday Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near -3. Northwest wind 14 to 18 km/h.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -10. Northwest wind 8 to 14 km/h becoming north after midnight.
- Sunday A chance of snow before 1pm, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a high near -4. Northeast wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming southeast 13 to 18 km/h in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2.5 mm possible.
- Sunday Night Freezing rain. Low around -5. Southeast wind 18 to 26 km/h, with gusts as high as 39 km/h. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2 cm possible.
- Monday Rain likely, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 3. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between 5 and 7.5 mm possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -7.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near -6.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -12.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near -7.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -12.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near -7.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -12.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near -2.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Cambria County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE