Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedSSW 15 G 19 MPH
- Dewpoint12°F (-11°C)
- Wind Chill20°F (-7°C)
Current conditions at
Humboldt House (HMHNV)
Lat: 40.598069 Lon: -118.251944 Elev: 4262ft.
8 Miles SSW Imlay NV
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23. Southwest wind around 15 mph. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tonight Snow, mainly after 10pm. Low around 16. Breezy, with a south wind 15 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
- Saturday Snow showers likely, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 16. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph becoming northwest in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 2. North wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 15. North wind around 15 mph becoming west in the morning.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 2.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 22.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 8.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 19.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 42. Breezy.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Western Nevada Basin and Range including Pyramid Lake, NV
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE