Wintry Weather on Monday for parts of the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast
Another round of wintry weather is expected on Monday morning. The greatest area of concern is in central Virgina to southeast New York where freezing rain is possible. Some locations may see up to a quarter of an inch of ice before temperatures rise late Monday morning and the storm system departs.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Freezing Drizzle Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedN 10 mph
- Barometer30.42 in (1030.0 mb)
- Dewpoint30°F (-1°C)
- Visibility1.25 mi
- Wind Chill22°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Newark International Airport (KEWR)
Lat: 40.71 Lon: -74.17 Elev: 10ft.
Jersey City NJ
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Sleet likely before 2am, then freezing rain between 2am and 3am, then rain or freezing rain after 3am. Low around 29. East wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Total nighttime sleet accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Monday Rain, mainly before 3pm. High near 44. East wind 7 to 9 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. West wind 9 to 11 mph.
- Tuesday Light snow likely, mainly before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. West wind 9 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 25. West wind 11 to 15 mph.
- Wednesday Sunny, with a high near 35.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 21.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 20.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 31.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Saturday Partly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Saturday Night A chance of light snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Hudson County, NJ
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE