Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedESE 1 G 4 MPH
- Dewpoint6°F (-14°C)
Current conditions at
Lat: 40.619475 Lon: -121.899622 Elev: 2499ft.
16 Miles WSW Burney CA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow, mainly after 4pm. High near 36. Light southwest wind increasing to 6 to 11 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow, mainly before 4am. Low around 22. Southwest wind 6 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.
- Saturday A 30 percent chance of snow before 10am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 36. West southwest wind around 6 mph becoming north northwest in the morning. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15. North wind around 6 mph becoming east northeast in the evening.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 38. East northeast wind around 9 mph.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 49.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
- Wednesday A slight chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 53.
- Wednesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
- Thursday A chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 55.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Northeast Foothills/Sacramento Valley, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE