Heavy lake-effect snow continues across lower Great Lakes
Another round of heavy lake-effect snow is forecast for the Great Lakes through mid-day Friday. An additional 30 inches or more could fall in some locations, on top of the impressive amounts that have fallen already. This will result in very difficult or nearly impossible travel at times in the heaviest snow bands. The snow should taper off during the morning on Friday.
Read More... Humidity40% Wind SpeedNW 24 G 41 km/h Barometer30.20 in (1022.5 mb) Dewpoint-11°C (12°F) VisibilityNA Wind Chill-4°C (24°F)
Current conditions at
Montauk Airport (KMTP)
Lat: 41.08°N Lon: 71.92°W Elev: 7ft.
Amagansett NY 7 Day Forecast
Detailed Forecast This Afternoon Sunny, with a high near 3. Wind chill values between -5 and zero. Breezy, with a northwest wind 26 to 32 km/h. Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around -6. Northwest wind 19 to 24 km/h decreasing to 10 to 15 km/h after midnight. Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 7. Wind chill values between -10 and zero. Southwest wind 11 to 16 km/h increasing to 18 to 23 km/h in the afternoon. Saturday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4. Southwest wind 16 to 23 km/h. Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 12. Southwest wind 14 to 16 km/h. Sunday Night Rain, mainly after 10pm. Low around 8. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Monday Showers likely, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 17. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Monday Night A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 13. Tuesday Night A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Wednesday A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 9. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 1. Thanksgiving Day Mostly sunny, with a high near 8.