Oppressive heat and humidity building into the central and southeast U.S.
A heat wave is building into parts of the central and southeast U.S. this week. The combination of heat and humidity will lead to dangerous heat indices, especially in parts of the central Mississippi River Valley where an Excessive Heat Warning is in effect. Heat Advisories are in effect elsewhere across the region. Relief is not expected for several days.
11NM ESE Stamford CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL REMAIN NORTH OF THE AREA TODAY INTO
TONIGHT...WITH AN UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE MOVING TOWARD THE WATERS.
HIGH PRESSURE THEN BUILDS IN FRIDAY AND REMAINS OVER THE REGION
THROUGH THE WEEEKEND.
- Today Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SE 5 to 9 kt in the morning. A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 11am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight SE wind 5 to 7 kt becoming E after midnight. A chance of showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday E wind 9 to 12 kt. A slight chance of showers. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night E wind 11 to 13 kt. A chance of sprinkles. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday E wind 12 to 14 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. A chance of sprinkles before 11am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night ESE wind around 10 kt becoming ENE after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday NE wind 9 to 11 kt becoming ESE in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night SSE wind 6 to 9 kt becoming E after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday NE wind around 9 kt becoming SSE in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE