Marginal Risk of severe weather for central Texas
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a Marginal Risk of severe thunderstorms Thursday afternoon and evening across parts of central Texas. Large hail will be the main risk. Elsewhere, widely-scattered thunderstorms not expected to reach severe limits are possible surrounding the Marginal Risk area in Texas, as well as across the Ozarks and central Florida.
11NM ESE Stamford CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE BUILDS OVER THE AREA THROUGH TONIGHT. LOW PRESSURE
DEVELOPS OFF THE MID ATLANTIC COAST FRIDAY...THEN TRACKS NORTHEAST
TO EAST OF CAPE COD BY SATURDAY EVENING. MEANWHILE A SECONDARY LOW
FORMS OFF THE MID-ATLANTIC COAST SATURDAY...THEN TRACKS NORTHEAST TO
THE CANADIAN MARITIME PROVINCES BY SUNDAY EVENING. HIGH PRESSURE
THEN BUILDS IN TO THE WEST THEN SOUTH INTO MONDAY.
- This Afternoon W wind around 8 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight NNW wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming ENE 5 to 7 kt in the morning. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night ENE wind 9 to 14 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. A chance of rain, mainly after 11pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday NE wind 15 to 19 kt, with gusts as high as 27 kt. Rain likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night N wind 20 to 25 kt, with gusts as high as 35 kt. A chance of rain before 2am. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday NNW wind 24 to 26 kt, with gusts as high as 36 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 2 ft building to 5 ft.
- Sunday Night NW wind 17 to 20 kt decreasing to 13 to 16 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 30 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday WNW wind around 12 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE