Hazardous Weather Outlook product no longer displayed on national hazards map
NWS has made a change to the national hazard map, shown below, and will no longer be displaying the Hazardous Weather Outlook (HWO) product on the map. This change is intended to help users focus more quickly on the immediate impacts of hazards instead of those that are highlighted for the future. The Hazardous Weather Outlook will still be available on local Weather Forecast Office Web pages.
11NM ESE Stamford CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisLOW PRES DEVELOPS OVER THE DELMARVA TODAY AND WILL MEANDER SOUTH OF
LONG ISLAND THROUGH THURSDAY NIGHT BEFORE FINALLY DEPARTING ON
FRIDAY. HIGH PRES BUILDS IN FROM THE WEST FOR THE WEEKEND.
- This Afternoon Variable winds 5 kt or less. Isolated showers, then scattered showers and thunderstorms after 4pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight NNE wind 6 to 9 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Patchy fog after 9pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday NNE wind 11 to 13 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Rain. Patchy fog. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night NNE wind around 16 kt, with gusts as high as 22 kt. Periods of rain. Patchy fog. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday N wind around 16 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 2pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night NW wind 12 to 16 kt, with gusts as high as 22 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday NW wind 11 to 16 kt, with gusts as high as 22 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night NW wind 12 to 14 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday W wind around 12 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE