Powerful nor'easter continues to affect areas across Northeast
The powerful nor'easter that brought moderate to heavy snowfall and blizzard conditions to the Northeast on Monday will continue to affect the region on Tuesday, with heavy snow and blizzard conditions expected from eastern Long Island to Maine as the system slowly moves to the northeast. Snow and strong winds will being tapering off from south to north Tuesday night into Wednesday morning.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
8NM ESE Stamford CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EST THIS EVENING...
- SynopsisTHE NOR-EASTER EXITS OVER THE CANADIAN MARITIMES AND HIGH PRESSURE
BUILDS IN FROM THE WEST THROUGH TONIGHT. THE HIGH MOVES OFF SHORE
ON THURSDAY. A CLIPPER SYSTEM APPROACHES FROM THE NORTHWEST LATE
THURSDAY...THEN AFFECTS THE AREA THURSDAY NIGHT INTO EARLY FRIDAY.
HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN FROM THE WEST FRIDAY NIGHT THROUGH
SATURDAY NIGHT...THEN SLIDES TO THE EAST ON SUNDAY.
- This Afternoon NNW wind 12 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight NNW wind 7 to 11 kt. Clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Increasing clouds. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 7 kt in the evening. Snow likely, mainly after midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday W wind 8 to 11 kt becoming NW 17 to 22 kt. Winds could gust as high as 31 kt. A chance of rain and snow showers before 11am, then a slight chance of snow showers between 11am and 1pm, then scattered flurries after 1pm. Seas 1 ft building to 4 ft.
- Friday Night NW wind 18 to 23 kt, with gusts as high as 32 kt. Scattered flurries before midnight. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Saturday NW wind 16 to 18 kt. Sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night NW wind 8 to 13 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday NW wind around 6 kt becoming WSW in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE