Nor’easter to continue impacting Northeast through Thanksgiving
A nor'easter making its way up the East Coast will bring widespread precipitation from Florida to Maine on Wednesday into Thursday, which could significantly impact Thanksgiving travel across the region. Rain is expected closer to the coast, with snow falling inland and at higher elevations, especially across the central Appalachians, Northeast and New England.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
11NM ESE Stamford CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS EVENING...
- SynopsisA DEEPENING COASTAL LOW TRACKS FROM NEAR THE SOUTHEASTERN U.S. COAST
THIS MORNING TO NEAR NOVA SCOTIA BY THURSDAY MORNING. A TROUGH OF
LOW PRESSURE LINGERS OVER THE AREA ON THURSDAY. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS
IN TO THE SOUTH AND EAST FROM FROM THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH THE END OF
THE UPCOMING WEEKEND. MEANWHILE...A WARM FRONT WILL LIFT THROUGH ON
- Today NNE wind 20 to 22 kt, with gusts as high as 29 kt. Rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Tonight N wind 20 to 25 kt becoming NW 12 to 17 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 36 kt. Rain, snow, and sleet before 2am, then a slight chance of snow between 2am and 3am. Seas 3 ft subsiding to 1 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day NNW wind 7 to 10 kt. A slight chance of snow showers before 11am, then a slight chance of rain and snow showers between 11am and 2pm, then a slight chance of rain showers after 2pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night NNW wind around 9 kt. A chance of flurries. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday NW wind around 11 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night NW wind around 8 kt becoming W after midnight. A slight chance of snow after 1am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday SW wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night SW wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday SW wind around 9 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE