Heavy rain and mountain snow across the northwestern U.S. this weekend
A Pacific storm system will continue to impact the Pacific Northwest through late Sunday. Heavy rainfall could lead to flash flooding, river and small stream flooding, as well as mudslides and debris flows, especially over burn scars. At higher elevations, strong winds and heavy snowfall, with accumulations of 1 to 3 feet, could result in hazardous travel through mountain passes.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
8NM ESE Stamford CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE REMAINS NORTHEAST THROUGH MONDAY NIGHT AS LOW PRESSURE
APPROACHES FROM THE SOUTH. THE WAVE OF LOW PRESSURE WEAKENS WHILE
MOVING NORTH TUESDAY AND TUESDAY NIGHT. A MORE SIGNIFICANT STORM
SYSTEM AFFECTS THE AREA TUESDAY NIGHT THROUGH EARLY CHRISTMAS DAY
WITH A COLD FRONT PASSING THROUGH LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO
THURSDAY MORNING. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN LATE THURSDAY THROUGH
- Tonight NNE wind 6 to 8 kt. A slight chance of rain before 9pm, then a slight chance of flurries between 9pm and midnight. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday E wind around 9 kt. A chance of rain after noon. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Night E wind around 8 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday E wind around 7 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night E wind around 7 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday SE wind 6 to 9 kt. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night S wind 10 to 15 kt becoming SW after midnight. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Christmas Day W wind 14 to 18 kt, with gusts as high as 28 kt. A chance of rain. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday Night WSW wind 11 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE