Severe Thunderstorms Possible Texas Gulf Coast to Louisiana This Afternoon into Tonight
Primary threats in these areas are damaging wind gusts and a tornado or two. Elsewhere, freezing rain is possible across parts of the northeast. A storm system moving into the intermountain west will spread heavy rain across parts of northern California, Oregon and Washington. Heavy snow and high wind will impact the higher elevations of the Sierra, Cascades and northern Rocky Mountain States.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
11NM ESE Stamford CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE PASSES SOUTHEAST OF THE AREA TONIGHT. A WARM FRONT
APPROACHES FROM THE SOUTHWEST SUNDAY. THIS WARM FRONT LIFTS TO
OUR NORTH MONDAY MORNING. A COLD FRONT THEN FOLLOWS BEHIND IT
MONDAY NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE BRIEFLY BUILDS INTO THE THE REGION
TUESDAY. A COASTAL LOW PRESSURE MAY IMPACT THE REGION WEDNESDAY
INTO WEDNESDAY NIGHT. A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE THEN LINGERS NEAR
THE AREA INTO FRIDAY.
- Tonight WSW wind 12 to 16 kt. A slight chance of sprinkles after 9pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday WSW wind 8 to 12 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Night SSW wind 8 to 11 kt becoming SE 12 to 15 kt after midnight. Rain, mainly after midnight. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday SSE wind 18 to 20 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 26 kt. Rain and possibly a thunderstorm before 4pm, then a chance of rain. Seas around 3 ft.
- Monday Night SSW wind around 16 kt becoming WSW after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 22 kt. A chance of showers, mainly before midnight. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday W wind around 18 kt, with gusts as high as 24 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night WSW wind 11 to 14 kt becoming WNW 8 to 11 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 3 ft subsiding to 1 ft.
- Wednesday NW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming NNE in the afternoon. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night NNE wind 10 to 12 kt becoming NW after midnight. A chance of rain and snow. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE