Winter Storm Impacting Southern Plains through Ohio Valley
A major icing event is forecast through Friday across portions of the southern Great Plains toward the Lower Ohio Valley, where Winter and Ice Storm Warnings are in effect. Prolonged power outages are possible for this region. This storm system will also bring heavy snow from the Ohio Valley to the mid-Miss. Valley, with heavy rain possible from the central Appalachians to the lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedENE 3 MPH
- Barometer29.97 in (1021.4 mb)
- Dewpoint0°F (-18°C)
- Visibility9.00 mi
Current conditions at
Lat: 41.49139 Lon: -120.56444 Elev: 4373ft.
18 Miles SSW Canby CA
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 7. Wind chill values as low as -1. Calm wind becoming south southeast around 5 mph in the evening.
- Friday Snow likely after 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 27. Wind chill values as low as -1. Southwest wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
- Friday Night Snow, mainly before 4am. Low around 13. Southwest wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 10am. Partly sunny, with a high near 19. North wind 7 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -1. North wind 5 to 9 mph becoming light northeast in the evening.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 24.
- Sunday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 5.
- Monday Sunny, with a high near 31.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Tuesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 16.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 42.
- Wednesday Night A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Thursday A chance of rain and snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 44.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Modoc County, CA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE