Unsettled weather in store for eastern U.S. into weekend
A complex weather system moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of hazardous weather to the region on Friday and into the weekend. Much colder weather is expected by Saturday, along with numerous showers and accumulating snow in the higher elevations of the Appalachians. Rain and snow will move into northern New England on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
16NM ESE New Haven CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM EDT THIS EVENING THROUGH
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE OFF THE CAROLINA COAST TRACKS NORTHEAST TO A
POSITION SOUTHEAST OF CAPE COD BY SATURDAY EVENING.
MEANWHILE...ANOTHER COASTAL LOW DEVELOPS OFF THE CAROLINA COAST
LATE SATURDAY...THEN TRACKS NORTHEAST TO THE CANADIAN MARITIME
PROVINCES BY SUNDAY EVENING. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN BEHIND THIS
STORM INTO TUESDAY.
- This Afternoon E wind around 10 kt. Isolated showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight NE wind 11 to 13 kt. A chance of light rain, mainly after midnight. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday NE wind 13 to 16 kt becoming N in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 23 kt. Periods of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night N wind 18 to 23 kt becoming NNW after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 36 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 7pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday NNW wind around 21 kt, with gusts as high as 32 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night NW wind 17 to 19 kt, with gusts as high as 29 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday W wind around 16 kt, with gusts as high as 22 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday Night W wind 7 to 12 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday WSW wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE