Heavy rain forecast for Pacific Northwest this week
A cold front moving onshore along the Pacific Northwest and northern California coast will bring heavy rain to the region through the first part of the week. A second cold front expected to move onshore by late Tuesday, bringing additional rain and higher-elevation snow to the region.
16NM ESE New Haven CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE BUILDS OFF THE MID ATLANTIC COAST TODAY. LOW PRESSURE
APPROACHES FROM THE GREAT LAKES REGION TONIGHT. SECONDARY LOW
PRESSURE WILL DEVELOP NEAR THE MID ATLANTIC COAST BY LATE
TUESDAY...SLOWLY MEANDER ABOUT NEAR THE REGION WEDNESDAY THROUGH
THURSDAY...THEN PASS EAST OF NEW ENGLAND THURSDAY NIGHT INTO FRIDAY.
- This Afternoon SW wind around 11 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight SSW wind 7 to 11 kt. A chance of showers after midnight. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday SE wind around 7 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night SE wind 5 to 7 kt becoming NE after midnight. Rain likely, mainly after 8pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday NNE wind 10 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 8am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night N wind 11 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday NW wind 8 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night NW wind around 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday NW wind 11 to 14 kt increasing to 14 to 17 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 24 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE