Heavy Snow For the Southern Rockies with Heavy Rain for Portions of the Southwest
A moist flow off the Pacific will bring heavy rain to southern California and Arizona with heavy snow for the southern Rocky Mountains Monday. More freezing rain is possible from the southern Plains to the central Mississippi Valley. Heavy snow is also expected for portions of New England and upstate New York Monday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
12NM ESE New Haven CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS EVENING...
- SynopsisLOW PRES WILL DEEPEN OVER THE MARITIMES TODAY. HIGH PRES WILL BUILD
OVER THE WATERS TONIGHT AND DRIFT E OF THE AREA LATE TUE. A FRONTAL
SYSTEM IMPACTS THE WATERS TUE NIGHT THROUGH THU. HIGH PRES THEN
BUILDS IN FOR FRI.
- Today WNW wind 11 to 14 kt increasing to 15 to 18 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 24 kt. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tonight WNW wind 11 to 14 kt decreasing to 8 to 11 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 8 kt in the afternoon. Snow likely, mainly after 5pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night SSE wind 6 to 11 kt becoming SSW after midnight. Snow and sleet before midnight, then rain and sleet between midnight and 2am, then rain after 2am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday WSW wind 6 to 10 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night W wind 6 to 9 kt becoming WNW 11 to 14 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. A chance of rain before 9pm, then a chance of rain and sleet between 9pm and midnight, then a chance of snow after midnight. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thursday NNW wind around 14 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. A chance of snow. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night NW wind 12 to 14 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday NW wind 8 to 10 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE