Severe weather possible for large portion of central, southern U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe weather Thursday afternoon through early Friday across portions of the southern and central Plains into the mid-Mississippi and Tennessee Valleys. Widespread thunderstorms are expected along and ahead of a cold front moving across these areas. The storms could produce damaging wind gusts, hail and perhaps even a couple tornadoes.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
16NM ESE New Haven CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EDT THIS EVENING...
- SynopsisAN UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE WILL REMAIN OVER THE WATERS THROUGH TODAY
WHILE HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN AT THE SURFACE TO END THE WEEK. A COLD
FRONT MOVES ACROSS WATERS ON SATURDAY. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN FROM
THE SOUTH ON SUNDAY AND MONDAY.
- This Afternoon NE wind around 17 kt. A chance of showers before 3pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight NNE wind 12 to 15 kt decreasing to 6 to 9 kt after midnight. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NNE wind 5 to 9 kt becoming ESE in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night E wind around 12 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday E wind 14 to 17 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 23 kt. Showers, mainly after 10am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night WSW wind 17 to 20 kt becoming W in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 26 kt. Showers likely, mainly before 8pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday WSW wind 13 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night W wind 13 to 16 kt decreasing to 10 to 13 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 22 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday SSW wind 11 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE