Arctic air to drop temperatures across the northern Plain and northern Rockies; will bring snow to the Intermountain West
An arctic front is forecast to plunge through the northern Plains and northern Rockies on Saturday bringing a drastic drop in temperatures across these areas with a burst of snow over much of the Intermountain Region. Arctic air will also filter into the Pacific Northwest bringing with it snow showers and subfreezing low temperatures.
10NM WSW New London CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRES WILL BUILD ACROSS TONIGHT INTO SAT MORNING. A WARM FRONT
WILL THEN APPROACH SAT AFTERNOON...AND MOVE SLOWLY ACROSS SAT NIGHT.
- Tonight NW wind 8 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday NW wind 5 to 9 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. A slight chance of flurries after 1pm, mixing with sprinkles after 5pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night S wind 9 to 13 kt. A slight chance of rain and snow showers before 8pm, then a slight chance of rain showers between 8pm and midnight. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday SW wind 11 to 13 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Night WSW wind 8 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday WSW wind 8 to 12 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. A slight chance of rain after noon. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Night WNW wind around 12 kt becoming NNW after midnight. A chance of rain before midnight. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday N wind 7 to 11 kt becoming ENE in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night E wind around 8 kt becoming SE after midnight. A chance of rain and snow. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE