Severe weather possible for parts of northern Plains and Mid-Atlantic
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Thursday afternoon and evening across parts of the northern Plains, from eastern Montana across extreme northwestern South Dakota and into western and central North Dakota, as well as parts of the Mid-Atlantic, from extreme northern South Carolina across much of North Carolina and into extreme southern Virginia.
10NM WSW New London CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT MOVES SLOWLY EAST TODAY. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS TONIGHT
AND FRIDAY. HIGH PRESSURE MOVES FARTHER OFFSHORE ON SATURDAY. A
FRONTAL SYSTEM APPROACHES SATURDAY NIGHT INTO SUNDAY...WITH AN
ASSOCIATED AREA OF LOW PRESSURE PASSING TO THE NORTHWEST ON MONDAY.
- This Afternoon N wind around 7 kt. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tonight E wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday N wind 5 to 7 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SW wind 7 to 9 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSW 5 to 9 kt in the morning. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night SSW wind around 9 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after midnight. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday SSW wind 8 to 11 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night SSW wind around 7 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday SW wind 7 to 11 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE