Severe weather possible across parts of Southeast, New England
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Monday afternoon and evening across parts of the Southeast, from the coastal Carolinas across southern Georgia and into the central Gulf Coast. Damaging wind will be the primary threat. There is also a risk of severe thunderstorms over parts of New England, where damaging wind and large hail will be the main threats.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
10NM WSW New London CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT EDT TONIGHT...
- SynopsisA LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL TRACK ACROSS NEW ENGLAND THIS AFTERNOON
AS THE COLD FRONT MOVES ACROSS THE WATERS. THE COLD FRONT PUSHES
EAST TONIGHT...SETTLING WELL OFFSHORE THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF THE WEEK
AS HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS. LOW PRESSURE APPROACHES AGAIN FOR NEXT
- This Afternoon S wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight SW wind 14 to 18 kt becoming W after midnight. A slight chance of showers before 9pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday WSW wind 6 to 10 kt. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night SW wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE