Developing storm will spread rain across eastern U.S.; thunderstorms in the Southeast
A storm system developing in the South will move up the Mississippi River Valley on Sunday bringing rainfall to much of the eastern U.S., along with thunderstorms in the southeastern states. Some of the thunderstorms in the Southeast could produce large hail, damaging wind and heavy rain.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
10NM WSW New London CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST EARLY THIS
- SynopsisA WARM FRONT APPROACHES FROM THE SOUTHWEST TODAY AND THIS EVENING
BEFORE LIFTING TO OUR NORTH LATE TONIGHT AND MONDAY MORNING. A
COLD FRONT THEN FOLLOWS BEHIND IT MONDAY NIGHT...FOLLOWED BY A
SECONDARY COLD FRONT ON TUESDAY. COASTAL LOW PRESSURE THEN
IMPACTS THE WATERS FROM LATE TUESDAY NIGHT INTO THURSDAY.
- Today WSW wind 8 to 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight WSW wind 8 to 11 kt becoming S 12 to 15 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 29 kt. Rain, mainly after 2am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday S wind 16 to 19 kt, with gusts as high as 32 kt. Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before noon, then a chance of showers. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday Night SSW wind 12 to 14 kt becoming WSW after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 23 kt. A chance of showers, mainly before 11pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday W wind 11 to 14 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night WNW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming NE 5 to 9 kt in the afternoon. Rain likely, mainly after 11am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night NE wind 12 to 15 kt becoming N 15 to 18 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 26 kt. Rain likely. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day WNW wind 10 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE