As system moves offshore in the east, snow develops across parts of western, southern U.S.
The system that has been bringing a mix of wintry precipitation to the Southeast and mid-Atlantic will continue to move off shore over the Atlantic on Thursday, with snow continuing from the Ohio Valley, southern Great Lakes and Appalachians through Thursday evening. Meanwhile, snow will develop over the central and southern Rockies, with rain and mountain snow across the Pacific Northwest.
8NM WSW New London CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE BUILDS FROM THE WEST TONIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY. THE
HIGH THEN SLIDES OFFSHORE FROM SATURDAY NIGHT INTO SUNDAY. A COLD
FRONT APPROACHES FROM THE NORTHWEST LATE SUNDAY...THEN CROSSES THE
AREA SUNDAY NIGHT AND EARLY MONDAY. HIGH PRESSURE THEN BUILDS BACK
IN THROUGH TUESDAY.
- Tonight N wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday N wind 5 to 8 kt becoming NW in the afternoon. A chance of flurries after 10am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night NNW wind 8 to 10 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday NNW wind around 8 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night WNW wind 6 to 8 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday NW wind 5 to 9 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. A slight chance of snow after 3pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night SW wind around 9 kt. Snow likely, mainly after 9pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday W wind 8 to 12 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. A chance of snow. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Night WNW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE