Snow continues in Northern New England
Strong low pressure will keep snow going over northern New England into Thursday afternoon. Another low pressure area will bring snow to the central Plains and Mississippi Valley. Occasional rain and mountain snow is expected along the west coast and southern Rocky Mountains.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
11NM ESE New London CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE TONIGHT...
- SynopsisLARGE HIGH PRES OVER THE GREAT LAKES WILL BUILD EAST INTO QUEBEC AND
NORTHERN NEW ENGLAND THROUGH THE WEEKEND. A WEAK WAVE OF LOW PRES
WILL PASS SOUTHEAST OF OUR WATERS MON INTO TUE.
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Today WNW wind 12 to 14 kt, with gusts as high as 28 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight WNW wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday NW wind 8 to 10 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night N wind around 7 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday NNE wind around 8 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night NNE wind around 9 kt. A slight chance of showers after 4am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday NE wind around 9 kt. A chance of showers after 11am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night NE wind 6 to 8 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday ENE wind around 8 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 1 ft.
SEAS ARE REPORTED AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST THIRD OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVE HEIGHTS MAY BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE