Ana southwest of Kauai and crawling slowly toward the west
The Central Pacific Hurricane Center continues to monitor Tropical Storm Ana as it continues to pass southwest of Kauai in the Hawaiian Islands. Maximum sustained winds are 70 miles per hour, with higher gusts, and little change in strength is expected. A Tropical Storm Warning is in effect for Kauai, and a Hurricane Watch is in effect for uninhabited regions of northwest Hawaii.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
15NM ESE New London CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 2 AM EDT MONDAY...
- SynopsisGUSTY NORTHWEST WINDS WILL CONTINUE ACROSS THE WATERS TONIGHT AS
HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS ACROSS NEW ENGLAND. THE HIGH WILL SHIFT
OFFSHORE OF THE MID ATLANTIC COAST ON MONDAY. A COASTAL STORM WILL
AFFECT THE WATERS TUESDAY THROUGH THURSDAY...THEN LIFT NORTHEAST
TOWARD NOVA SCOTIA FRIDAY.
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Overnight NW wind around 12 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday WNW wind 9 to 12 kt becoming WSW in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Night SW wind 8 to 10 kt. A slight chance of rain after 2am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday SSE wind 5 to 7 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 1pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night E wind 6 to 9 kt becoming NNE after midnight. Rain likely. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday NNE wind around 9 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night NNE wind 8 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday NW wind 8 to 10 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night NW wind 10 to 12 kt. A chance of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE