Severe weather will continue overnight across much of the eastern U.S. and be possible again on Monday from the Gulf Coast to the coastal Carolinas.
The severe weather threat will continue into the overnight hours for a large portion of the eastern U.S. from the Ohio Valley to the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. On Monday, the severe weather threat area will cover a narrow swath along a sharply defined cold front from the Gulf Coast through the Southeast and up to the coastal Carolinas during the afternoon and evening.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
5NM SW New London CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM EDT THIS MORNING
- SynopsisA STRONG LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL TRACK THROUGH NEW ENGLAND TODAY
AS THE COLD FRONT MOVES ACROSS THE WATERS. THE COLD FRONT PUSHES
EAST TONIGHT...SETTLING WELL OFFSHORE THROUGH THE MIDDLE OF THE
WEEK AS HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS. LOW PRESSURE APPROACHES AGAIN FOR
- Today S wind 10 to 13 kt increasing to 13 to 16 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 23 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 10am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tonight SW wind 14 to 17 kt becoming W after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 23 kt. A slight chance of showers before 9pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday W wind 6 to 10 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night SW wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE