Severe storms and heavy rain possible from mid-South to Upstate New York on Tuesday
Thunderstorms are expected to develop along and ahead of a cold front from the Tennessee Valley to Upstate New York on Tuesday. The storms will be capable of producing damaging wind gusts and heavy rainfall that could lead to isolated flash flooding.
5NM SW New London CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisWEAK HIGH PRESSURE REMAINS OVER THE REGION TONIGHT. A COLD FRONT
THEN APPROACHES DURING TUESDAY BEFORE PASSING THROUGH TUESDAY
NIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN FOR THE LATTER HALF OF THE WEEK.
ANOTHER COLD FRONT WILL IMPACT THE REGION THIS WEEKEND.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SW 5 to 9 kt in the morning. Patchy fog before 8am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night SW wind 5 to 8 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly between 11pm and 3am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday NNW wind around 11 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night WNW wind around 8 kt becoming NNW after midnight. Clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday N wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday SSW wind 6 to 9 kt increasing to 11 to 14 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night SSW wind 8 to 12 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE