Active pattern for the Pacific Northwest this week while a coastal low takes aim on the Northeast later this week
Thunderstorms with heavy rainfall is forecast to bring 5 to 7 inches of rainfall, with localized heavier amounts, to the Pacific Northwest throughout the week. Across the higher mountain elevations, measurable snow is likely. The Northeast will also be the focus of showers and thunderstorms beginning mid-week as a coastal low meanders of the Mid-Atlantic coast.
5NM SW New London CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE MOVES IN FROM THE WEST TONIGHT INTO TUESDAY NIGHT. THIS
LOW THEN SLOWLY MEANDERS FROM OFF THE MID ATLANTIC COAST ON
WEDNESDAY...TO THE CANADIAN MARITIME PROVINCES BY SATURDAY MORNING.
A COLD FRONT APPROACHES FROM THE NORTHWEST SATURDAY.
- Overnight WSW wind 5 to 9 kt becoming SSW after midnight. A chance of showers after 2am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday ENE wind around 8 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night N wind around 9 kt becoming NNE after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday NNE wind around 11 kt. Rain likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday Night NW wind around 11 kt becoming N after midnight. Rain likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday NNW wind around 11 kt. Rain likely. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night NNW wind 9 to 12 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday NW wind around 12 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night NW wind 9 to 11 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE