On Saturday, severe weather will be possible across portions of the northern Plains while dry and hot conditions begin returning to the West.
Severe weather is possible over parts of the northern Plains on Saturday. During the late afternoon and early evening hours, large hail and isolated tornadoes will be the primary threats with damaging winds becoming the greatest threat in the late evening hours. Out west, hot and dry conditions begin to return bringing increased heat dangers and fire weather concerns.
5NM SW New London CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE OFF THE NEW ENGLAND COAST WILL DRIFT FURTHER OUT TO
SEA TODAY. A TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE WILL APPROACH ON SUNDAY...AND
MOVE ACROSS SUNDAY NIGHT INTO MONDAY. A COLD FRONT APPROACHES ON
TUESDAY AND PASSES EARLY WEDNESDAY.
- Today SE wind 6 to 10 kt becoming S in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight SW wind around 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday S wind 9 to 12 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night WSW wind 8 to 12 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Seas around 1 ft.
- Labor Day W wind 6 to 9 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Night WSW wind around 8 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday SSW wind 5 to 9 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night WSW wind around 9 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday WSW wind around 9 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE