Severe weather possible for parts of central U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening for parts of the central Plains and mid-Mississippi Valley, including parts of southern Nebraska and eastern Kansas, northern Oklahoma and western Missouri. Thunderstorms with large hail, locally-damaging wind and a tornado or two are likely across these areas.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
5NM SW New London CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY MORNING THROUGH
- SynopsisAN UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE WILL REMAIN OVER THE WATERS THROUGH
THURSDAY WHILE HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN AT THE SURFACE TO END THE
WEEK. A COLD FRONT MOVES THROUGH THE WATERS ON SATURDAY. HIGH PRES
BUILD S OF THE WATERS SUN AND E OF THE AREA MON.
- Tonight N wind 14 to 16 kt. Rain or drizzle. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NNE wind 16 to 18 kt. Rain or drizzle likely, mainly before 10am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night NNE wind 11 to 14 kt. A slight chance of rain or drizzle before 11pm. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday NE wind 12 to 14 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night E wind 10 to 12 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday SE wind 12 to 16 kt, with gusts as high as 22 kt. Rain, mainly after 2pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night S wind 17 to 19 kt becoming W after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 25 kt. Rain, mainly before 10pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday W wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night W wind 11 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE