Unsettled weather forecast across eastern U.S.
A storm system moving across the Great Lakes will bring unsettled weather to parts of the eastern U.S. on Monday, with widespread rain is expected across much of the Northeast. Snow is likely across Wisconsin and the western Great Lakes. Snow is also expected across the central and northern Rockies Monday into Tuesday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
5NM SE New London CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM EST THIS EVENING...
- SynopsisTHE AREA WILL BE WARM SECTORED TODAY...WITH A COLD FRONT MOVING
ACROSS TONIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS TOWARDS THE AREA ON TUESDAY.
LOW PRESSURE ALONG THE SOUTHEASTERN SEABOARD TUESDAY NIGHT...TRACKS
NORTHEAST TO THE CANADIAN MARITIMES DURING THE DAY ON
THURSDAY...TRACKING TO THE SOUTHEAST OF LONG ISLAND ON WEDNESDAY
NIGHT AS IT DOES SO. HIGH PRESSURE THEN BUILDS IN BEHIND THE SYSTEM
THROUGH FRIDAY NIGHT.
- This Afternoon SSW wind 10 to 13 kt, with gusts as high as 33 kt. A slight chance of rain. Widespread dense fog. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tonight SW wind 13 to 17 kt, with gusts as high as 29 kt. Widespread fog before 7pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tuesday WSW wind 13 to 16 kt, with gusts as high as 26 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night W wind 6 to 10 kt becoming NW after midnight. A chance of rain, mainly between 4am and 5am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday NNE wind 5 to 8 kt increasing to 9 to 12 kt in the afternoon. Rain, mainly after 9am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night N wind 17 to 20 kt becoming NNW 12 to 15 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 27 kt. Rain before 2am, then snow likely. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thanksgiving Day NW wind 10 to 12 kt becoming W in the afternoon. A chance of snow showers before 7am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night WNW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday NW wind 5 to 10 kt increasing to 10 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 21 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE