Oppressive heat and humidity building into the central and southeast U.S.
A heat wave is building into parts of the central and southeast U.S. this week. The combination of heat and humidity will lead to dangerous heat indices, especially in parts of the central Mississippi River Valley where an Excessive Heat Warning is in effect. Heat Advisories are in effect elsewhere across the region. Relief is not expected for several days.
5NM SE New London CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL REMAIN NORTH OF THE AREA TODAY INTO TONIGHT...WITH
AN UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE MOVING TOWARD THE WATERS. HIGH PRESSURE
THEN BUILDS IN FRIDAY AND REMAINS OVER THE REGION THROUGH THE
- Today NE wind 5 to 9 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers between 11am and 2pm. Patchy fog before 8am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight ESE wind around 7 kt becoming ENE after midnight. A slight chance of showers. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday E wind 9 to 11 kt. A slight chance of showers before 2pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night ENE wind around 10 kt. A chance of sprinkles. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday E wind around 13 kt. A chance of sprinkles before 9am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night E wind 10 to 12 kt becoming NE after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday NE wind 9 to 12 kt becoming ESE in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night SE wind 7 to 9 kt becoming E after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday NE wind around 9 kt becoming SSE in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE