Strong storm system to bring unsettled weather from Gulf Coast to Great Lakes through Wednesday
A strong storm system will bring potential for severe weather, heavy rainfall and flooding, and heavy snow from the Gulf Coast to the Great Lakes through Wednesday. Severe storms are possible Tuesday across the Gulf Coast states with damaging winds as the primary threat, however a tornadoes cannot be ruled out. Flash flooding is also possible across parts of the Southeast through Wednesday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
3NM SE New London CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisLOW PRES OFF HATTERAS WILL DRIFT SLOWLY N TO THE DELMARVA COAST
TONIGHT...THEN PASS JUST SE OF LONG ISLAND LATER TUE INTO TUE
NIGHT. A MORE SIGNIFICANT STORM SYSTEM WILL AFFECT THE AREA WED
THROUGH CHRISTMAS MORNING...WITH A COLD FRONT PASSING THROUGH
DURING CHRISTMAS MORNING. HIGH PRES WILL BUILD IN FROM LATE THU
THROUGH FRI. A WEAK LOW PRES TROUGH WILL MOVE THROUGH ON SAT.
- Tonight E wind 10 to 12 kt. Periods of rain or drizzle, mainly after 11pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday ENE wind 11 to 14 kt decreasing to 7 to 10 kt in the afternoon. Rain. Patchy fog. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday Night N wind around 6 kt. Rain likely, mainly after midnight. Patchy fog. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday ESE wind 6 to 9 kt becoming SW 9 to 12 kt in the afternoon. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night W wind 13 to 15 kt becoming SSW after midnight. Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Seas around 1 ft.
- Christmas Day SW wind 12 to 15 kt becoming W 18 to 21 kt in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 34 kt. Rain likely, mainly before noon. Seas 1 ft or less building to 2 ft.
- Thursday Night W wind 10 to 12 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday W wind 6 to 8 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE