Slight Risk of severe thunderstorms Saturday
Severe thunderstorms capable of producing damaging winds appear likely across parts of the upper Midwest, Ohio Valley and southern Great Lakes Saturday afternoon and evening. Marginally severe wind gusts and hail will also be possible across much of Kansas and southern Nebraska and in Pennsylvania, southern New York State and New Jersey Saturday afternoon.
7NM ESE New London CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD IN THROUGH TODAY AND THEN EAST OF THE
WATERS TONIGHT INTO SATURDAY. A WARM FRONT MOVES THROUGH SATURDAY
NIGHT...FOLLOWED BY AN APPROACHING COLD FRONT ON MONDAY.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Patchy fog. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday SSW wind 6 to 9 kt increasing to 9 to 12 kt in the afternoon. Patchy fog before 9am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night SSW wind 7 to 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 3am. Patchy fog after 3am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday SSW wind around 9 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Patchy fog before 10am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SSW wind 5 to 7 kt. Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 9pm. Patchy fog after 1am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday S wind 7 to 10 kt increasing to 10 to 13 kt in the afternoon. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Patchy fog before 10am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night WSW wind 8 to 11 kt becoming WNW after midnight. A chance of showers and thunderstorms before midnight. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday NW wind 7 to 9 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night WSW wind 6 to 8 kt becoming NNW after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE