Unseasonably cold temperatures spreading into central U.S.
A strong cold front will usher a much colder air mass into the central and eastern U.S. for the end of the work week. Temperatures will be 10 to 20 degrees below average in some areas. Rain and snow will be possible across the Great Lakes on Friday as the system crosses the area. Heavy snow is possible in the central Appalachians Friday night.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
13NM ESE New London CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY EVENING THROUGH LATE
- SynopsisHIGH PRES WILL BUILD IN OVERNIGHT. LOW PRESSURE WILL DEVELOP OFF
THE MID ATLANTIC COAST ON FRIDAY...AND TRACK NORTHEAST INTO SATURDAY.
A SECOND LOW FORMS OFF THE SOUTHERN MID ATLANTIC COAST ON
SATURDAY...AND WILL INTENSIFY AND HEAD NORTHEAST TO THE CANADIAN
MARITIMES BY SUNDAY EVENING. HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD IN BEHIND THIS
STORM INTO TUESDAY.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming ENE 5 to 8 kt in the morning. Increasing clouds. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night NE wind 11 to 13 kt. A chance of light rain, mainly after 3am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday NNE wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 29 kt. Periods of rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night N wind 16 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 34 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 9pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday NNW wind around 20 kt, with gusts as high as 31 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night NW wind around 18 kt, with gusts as high as 28 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 3 ft subsiding to 1 ft.
- Monday WNW wind 16 to 18 kt, with gusts as high as 24 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night W wind 9 to 12 kt decreasing to 6 to 9 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE