Warmup expected in the East, cooler weather forecast across parts of West
Much of the eastern U.S. will see a significant warming trend beginning on Friday, with high temperatures as much as 10-15 degrees warmer than on Thursday. The warming trend will continue into the weekend. Meanwhile, temperatures will be on the decrease across much of the northern Plains and Intermountain West over the next several days.
13NM ESE New London CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisHIGH PRES WILL BUILD ACROSS TONIGHT INTO SAT MORNING. A WARM FRONT
WILL THEN APPROACH SAT AFTERNOON...AND MOVE SLOWLY ACROSS SAT NIGHT.
- Tonight NW wind 9 to 12 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday NW wind 5 to 9 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. A slight chance of flurries after 1pm, mixing with sprinkles after 4pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday Night SSW wind 9 to 12 kt increasing to 13 to 16 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 23 kt. A slight chance of sprinkles before 7pm, then a slight chance of rain showers. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday SW wind 12 to 14 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night WSW wind 8 to 10 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday WSW wind 8 to 12 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. A slight chance of rain after noon. Seas around 1 ft.
- Monday Night WNW wind 10 to 12 kt becoming NNW after midnight. A chance of rain before midnight. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday N wind 9 to 12 kt becoming NE in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night ENE wind around 9 kt becoming SE after midnight. A chance of rain and snow. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE