Severe weather possible for parts of central U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Wednesday afternoon and evening for parts of the central Plains and mid-Mississippi Valley, including parts of southern Nebraska and eastern Kansas, northern Oklahoma and western Missouri. Thunderstorms with large hail, locally-damaging wind and a tornado or two are likely across these areas.
13NM ESE New London CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
AN UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE WILL REMAIN OVER THE WATERS THROUGH
THURSDAY WHILE HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS IN AT THE SURFACE TO END THE
WEEK. A COLD FRONT MOVES THROUGH THE WATERS ON SATURDAY WITH HIGH
PRESSURE RETURNING BY SUNDAY.
- This Afternoon NNE wind around 12 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Showers likely. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tonight NNE wind around 12 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. A chance of showers. Patchy fog after 3am. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Thursday NNE wind around 14 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. A chance of showers before noon. Patchy fog before 9am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night NNE wind around 11 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday NNE wind around 11 kt. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night ENE wind 8 to 11 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday E wind 9 to 14 kt becoming SE in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. Rain, mainly after 2pm. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night SSE wind 13 to 16 kt becoming WNW after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 24 kt. Rain. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday WNW wind around 16 kt, with gusts as high as 26 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE