Wet and stormy weather continues across Pacific Northwest
Most of the country will experience tranquil weather this weekend. The exception will be the Pacific Northwest and northern California where a series of storm systems will bring rain, strong winds and thunderstorms through Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
13NM ESE New London CT
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH LATE SUNDAY NIGHT...
- SynopsisA COLD FRONT OVER THE OHIO VALLEY LATE THIS AFTERNOON WILL MOVE
THROUGH THE WATERS TONIGHT. LOW PRESSURE WILL THEN TRACK ACROSS
THE CANADIAN MARITIMES ON SUNDAY...WHILE HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS EAST
FROM THE MISSISSIPPI VALLEY. HIGH PRESSURE RETURNS ON MONDAY.
ANOTHER COLD FRONT WILL MOVE ACROSS THE WATERS WEDNESDAY...FOLLOWED
BY ANOTHER AREA OF HIGH PRESSURE THURSDAY.
- Tonight WSW wind 9 to 12 kt increasing to 14 to 17 kt in the evening. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Sunday WNW wind 16 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 26 kt. Increasing clouds. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday Night WNW wind 15 to 17 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 ft or less.
- Monday WNW wind 12 to 14 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night W wind 5 to 9 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday SSW wind 5 to 8 kt increasing to 9 to 12 kt in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night SW wind around 11 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Wednesday WSW wind around 13 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night W wind around 9 kt becoming NW after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE