Lake Effect Snow Forecast for Great Lakes, Dangerous Wind Chills Across Upper Midwest
Cold, arctic air moving across the Upper Midwest will bring Lake Effect snow downwind of the Great Lakes through Thursday. Snowfall accumulations of 1-2 feet are expected in some locations. Meanwhile temperatures will be 10-20 degrees below normal from the Upper Midwest to the Southern Plains through Thursday. Wind Chill Advisories are in effect for parts of the Midwest.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.26 in (1025.4 mb)
- Dewpoint6°F (-14°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
Current conditions at
Sussex Airport (KFWN)
Lat: 41.21 Lon: -74.63 Elev: 420ft.
3 Miles ENE Montague NJ
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near 20. Wind chill values as low as zero. West wind 11 to 13 mph.
- Tonight Partly cloudy, with a low around 8. Wind chill values as low as -3. West wind around 10 mph.
- Friday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. Wind chill values as low as -3. West wind 9 to 14 mph.
- Friday Night A chance of snow after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. Northwest wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday Snow, mainly after 10am. High near 25. East wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night Snow. Low around 20. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday A chance of snow and sleet, mainly before 7am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Sunday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 25.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- Wednesday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Sussex County, NJ
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE