Wet and stormy weather continues across Pacific Northwest
Most of the country will experience tranquil weather this weekend. The exception will be the Pacific Northwest and northern California where a series of storm systems will bring rain, strong winds and thunderstorms through Saturday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
17NM SW Newport RI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM EDT THIS AFTERNOON
- SynopsisA WEAK RIDGE OF HIGH PRES BUILDS ACROSS THE NORTHEAST WATERS TODAY
FOLLOWED BY A STRONG COLD FRONTAL PASSAGE TONIGHT. A BRISK WNW FLOW
DEVELOPS LATER TONIGHT INTO SUN...THEN EASING LATER MON AS HIGH PRES
BUILDS ACROSS NEW ENGLAND. HIGH PRES MOVES OFFSHORE TUE FOLLOWED BY
A FRONTAL PASSAGE LATE WED OR WED NIGHT.
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Today WNW wind 7 to 11 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 21 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight WSW wind 9 to 14 kt increasing to 14 to 19 kt after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 28 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday W wind 11 to 14 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. A slight chance of showers between 1pm and 3pm. Seas around 3 ft.
- Sunday Night WNW wind 14 to 16 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday WNW wind 12 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 28 kt. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Monday Night WNW wind 7 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday SSW wind 7 to 11 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night SSW wind around 11 kt. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday SW wind 11 to 14 kt, with gusts as high as 22 kt. A chance of showers. Seas around 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE