Winter weather forecast from Great Lakes to Northeast, Four Corners region
Snow is expected Thursday and Friday from the Great Lakes to the Northeast, as a clipper system moves across the region. This will be nothing like the nor'easter that brought up to three feet of snow to parts of the Northeast earlier this week, as snowfall totals of six inches or less are expected. Snow and freezing rain are forecast for parts of the Four Corners region through the weekend.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
13NM SW Newport RI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY EVENING THROUGH SATURDAY
- SynopsisLOW PRESSURE WILL DEVELOP SOUTH OF CAPE COD FRIDAY MORNING. THE
LOW WILL RAPIDLY INTENSIFY FRIDAY AFTERNOON...AS IT TRACK UP INTO
THE GULF OF MAINE BY FRIDAY EVENING. THE STORM WILL THEN HEAD
TOWARD NOVA SCOTIA SATURDAY MORNING. HIGH PRESSURE WILL FOLLOW
SATURDAY NIGHT THEN SHIFT OFFSHORE SUNDAY. ANOTHER LOW PRESSURE
AREA WILL APPROACH THE WATERS LATE SUNDAY INTO MONDAY. HIGH
PRESSURE BUILDS IN BEHIND THE DEPARTING LOW ON TUESDAY.
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Tonight S wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of rain and snow before 1am, then rain. Seas 1 ft building to 3 ft.
- Friday SSW wind 7 to 12 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. Rain before noon, then a chance of snow. Seas around 3 ft.
- Friday Night NW wind 16 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 38 kt. A chance of snow, mainly before 4am. Seas around 4 ft.
- Saturday NW wind 18 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 40 kt. A slight chance of snow before 7am. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Saturday Night WNW wind 14 to 17 kt, with gusts as high as 28 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Sunday W wind around 13 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night NW wind 8 to 11 kt becoming N after midnight. A chance of snow after midnight. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Monday NNE wind 11 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 23 kt. A chance of snow. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Monday Night NNW wind 14 to 16 kt, with gusts as high as 24 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE