Severe weather possible for parts of northern Plains
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon and evening across portions of the northern Plains, from extreme south-central North Dakota into eastern South Dakota. Isolated severe thunderstorms capable of hail and locally-strong wind gusts are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
17NM SW Newport RI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM EDT WEDNESDAY THROUGH
- SynopsisHIGH PRES STATIONED OVER SE CANADA COMBINED WITH WAVES OF LOW PRES
MOVING WELL OFFSHORE OF CAPE COD WILL KEEP A PERSISTENT NE WIND FLOW
ACROSS THE WATERS THROUGH THU. THE HIGH WILL NUDGE SOUTH OVER NEW
ENGLAND THU AND FRI. A STRONG COLD FRONT WILL SWEEP ACROSS THE
WATERS LATE SAT. GUSTY WEST WINDS WILL FOLLOW ON SUN.
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Tonight NNE wind 10 to 12 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 2am. Patchy fog after 5am. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday NNE wind 11 to 13 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Rain likely, mainly after 7am. Patchy fog after 7am. Seas 2 ft building to 4 ft.
- Wednesday Night NE wind around 12 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. A chance of rain. Patchy fog. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Thursday NNE wind 12 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 24 kt. A slight chance of rain before 11am. Patchy fog before 9am. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday Night NNE wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday NNE wind 6 to 9 kt becoming E in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind around 8 kt. A chance of showers after 5am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday SE wind around 11 kt becoming SSW in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. Showers likely. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Saturday Night W wind around 13 kt, with gusts as high as 21 kt. A chance of showers. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE