Severe storms and heavy rain possible from mid-South to Upstate New York on Tuesday
Thunderstorms are expected to develop along and ahead of a cold front from the Tennessee Valley to Upstate New York on Tuesday. The storms will be capable of producing damaging wind gusts and heavy rainfall that could lead to isolated flash flooding.
17NM SW Newport RI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisSOUTHWEST WINDS CONTINUE TODAY UNTIL A COLD FRONT MOVES ACROSS
DURING OVERNIGHT. HIGH PRESSURE WILL BUILD OVER THE NORTHEAST FOR
WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY...THEN MOVE OFFSHORE FRIDAY.
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Today SW wind 7 to 10 kt. Areas of dense fog before noon. Seas around 2 ft.
- Tonight SW wind 7 to 9 kt becoming W after midnight. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 3am. Patchy fog before 2am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday WNW wind around 9 kt becoming WSW in the afternoon. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 7am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night W wind 5 to 7 kt becoming NW after midnight. Clear. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 7 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night SSW wind around 7 kt. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday SSW wind 8 to 12 kt. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Friday Night SSW wind 11 to 13 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday SW wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 2 ft.
WINDS AND SEAS HIGHER IN AND NEAR TSTMS. SEAS ARE REPORTED AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST THIRD OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVE HEIGHTS MAY BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE