The flash flooding threat will begin moving east out of the Plains into the Upper Midwest and Great Lakes on Thursday
Flash flooding will continue to be possible on Thursday but will begin moving out of the central and northern Plains. The area of concern will be the Upper Midwest edging into the the eastern Great Lakes region. 1 to 2 inches of rainfall will be possible into Friday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
17NM SW Newport RI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY FOR HAZARDOUS SEAS IN EFFECT THROUGH
- SynopsisHIGH PRESSURE BUILDS OVER NEW ENGLAND TODAY AND FRIDAY...THEN MOVES
OFF TO THE EAST ON SATURDAY. A FRONT MOVES OVER THE WATERS SUNDAY
AND MONDAY WITH A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS EACH DAY. THE
BETTER CHANCE WILL BE ON MONDAY. HURRICANE CRISTOBAL WILL PASS WELL
OFFSHORE ON TODAY...BUT SWELL FROM THE STORM WILL IMPACT THE
SOUTHERN NEW ENGLAND WATERS THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING.
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Today NW wind 5 to 10 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 4 ft.
- Tonight N wind 7 to 9 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
- Friday N wind 6 to 9 kt becoming ESE in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday Night SE wind 5 to 7 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday S wind 6 to 11 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Saturday Night SSW wind around 11 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday SSW wind 11 to 16 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Sunday Night SW wind around 12 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Patchy fog after 4am. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Labor Day SW wind 9 to 11 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE