Severe weather possible across parts of Southeast
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Monday afternoon and evening across parts of the Southeast, from the coastal Carolinas across southern Georgia and into the central Gulf Coast. Strong, damaging wind gusts will be the primary threat.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
17NM SW Newport RI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY FOR HAZARDOUS SEAS IN EFFECT THROUGH
- SynopsisLOW PRES WILL TRACK FROM UPSTATE NEW YORK INTO NORTHERN NEW ENGLAND
TODAY...AND WILL PUSH A COLD FRONT ACROSS THE WATERS LATE TONIGHT
AND TUE. THE COLD FRONT WILL BE SLOW TO EXIT OFFSHORE AND WILL
LINGER E OF THE MASSACHUSETTS COAST THROUGH FRI.
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Today SSW wind around 15 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 1pm. Some of the storms could produce gusty winds and heavy rain. Patchy fog before 4pm, then Patchy fog after 5pm. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tonight WSW wind 11 to 14 kt, with gusts as high as 22 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 7pm. Patchy fog between 7pm and 8pm. Seas 4 to 5 ft.
- Tuesday W wind around 9 kt becoming SW in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night SW wind 5 to 8 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Patchy fog after 5am. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming SSW around 6 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night SSW wind around 6 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt after midnight. Patchy fog after midnight. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Thursday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 7 kt in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas around 3 ft.
- Thursday Night S wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Mostly clear. Seas 2 to 3 ft.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE