Heavy Snow For the Southern Rockies with Heavy Rain for Portions of the Southwest
A moist flow off the Pacific will bring heavy rain to southern California and Arizona with heavy snow for the southern Rocky Mountains Monday. More freezing rain is possible from the southern Plains to the central Mississippi Valley. Heavy snow is also expected for portions of New England and upstate New York Monday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
7NM WSW Newport RI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
...GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM EST THIS MORNING THROUGH
- SynopsisA STRONG COLD FRONT CROSSES THE WATERS EARLY THIS
MORNING...BRINGING GALE FORCE WIND GUSTS LATER THIS MORNING AND
INTO THIS EVENING. HIGH PRES WILL BUILD OVER THE WATERS LATER
TONIGHT...SHIFTING EAST OF THE WATERS TUE AFTERNOON. A LOW PRES
SYSTEM WILL PASS ACROSS QUEBEC ON WED WITH ITS ASSOCIATED COLD
FRONT CROSSING THE WATERS WED NIGHT. HIGH PRES WILL FOLLOW LATER
THU AND FRI.
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Today WNW wind 8 to 11 kt increasing to 12 to 15 kt in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 35 kt. Cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tonight WNW wind 8 to 13 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. Mostly clear. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Tuesday NW wind 5 to 7 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt. A chance of snow, mainly after 4pm. Seas around 1 ft.
- Tuesday Night S wind 9 to 13 kt. Snow, mixing with sleet after 1am, then gradually ending. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday WSW wind 10 to 13 kt. Rain likely, mainly before 9am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night WSW wind 7 to 9 kt becoming WNW after midnight. A chance of rain before 1am, then a chance of sleet between 1am and 3am, then a chance of snow and sleet after 3am. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday NW wind 9 to 13 kt, with gusts as high as 24 kt. A chance of snow before 5pm. Seas around 2 ft.
- Thursday Night NW wind around 13 kt, with gusts as high as 29 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 2 ft.
- Friday NW wind 7 to 11 kt becoming W in the afternoon. Sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE