Oppressive heat and humidity building into the central and southeast U.S.
A heat wave is building into parts of the central and southeast U.S. this week. The combination of heat and humidity will lead to dangerous heat indices, especially in parts of the central Mississippi River Valley where an Excessive Heat Warning is in effect. Heat Advisories are in effect elsewhere across the region. Relief is not expected for several days.
9NM WSW Newport RI
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
- SynopsisLOW PRES WILL REMAIN WELL SOUTH/SOUTHEAST OF THE WATERS TONIGHT AND
THU. HIGH PRES OVER QUEBEC WILL BUILD SOUTH OVER NEW ENGLAND FRI
THROUGH THE WEEKEND...AND LAST INTO MON.
FOR INFORMATION ON POSSIBLE HAZARDOUS WEATHER BEYOND THE 24-36 HOUR
FORECAST PERIOD...PLEASE VISIT WWW.WEATHER.GOV/BOSTON AND FOLLOW THE
CURRENT HAZARDS LINK ABOVE THE MAP ON THE LEFT.
- Overnight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday NE wind 8 to 10 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.
- Thursday Night NE wind 7 to 9 kt. A slight chance of showers after 4am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday NE wind 7 to 9 kt becoming E in the afternoon. A chance of showers, mainly before 10am. Seas around 1 ft.
- Friday Night E wind 7 to 10 kt becoming NE after midnight. Mostly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Saturday ENE wind 10 to 14 kt. Partly sunny. Seas around 2 ft.
- Saturday Night NE wind around 11 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
- Sunday ENE wind around 13 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Night ENE wind 8 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Seas around 1 ft.
SEAS ARE REPORTED AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE OF THE HIGHEST THIRD OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVE HEIGHTS MAY BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE