Major Winter Storm Continues Moving into the Eastern Third of the U.S. While Another System Begins Impacting the West Coast
Snow, sleet, freezing rain and heavy rainfall will continue to impact the eastern third of the U.S. through the weekend. Extremely cold temperatures will continue to settle into the western two-thirds of the country behind this storm system. In the meantime, a reinforcing shot of cold air is beginning to impact the West Coast as the next system approaches.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
Light Rain Fog/Mist
- Wind SpeedCalm
- Barometer30.12 in (1019.9 mb)
- Dewpoint35°F (2°C)
- Visibility6.00 mi
Current conditions at
Poughkeepsie, Dutchess County Airport (KPOU)
Lat: 41.64 Lon: -73.88 Elev: 155ft.
6 Miles SSE Castle Point NY
7 Day Forecast
- Tonight Snow and sleet before midnight, then snow between midnight and 3am, then snow likely, possibly mixed with freezing drizzle after 3am. Low around 29. North wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
- Saturday Mostly cloudy through mid morning, then gradual clearing, with a high near 38. North wind 6 to 9 mph.
- Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 15. Calm wind.
- Sunday Partly sunny, with a high near 26. Northwest wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow before 1am, then snow and sleet between 1am and 4am, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet after 4am. Low around 26. East wind 6 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Freezing rain and sleet before 9am, then rain and sleet between 9am and noon, then a chance of rain after noon. High near 37. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 24.
- Tuesday Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Tuesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 13.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 27.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 26.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 11.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 29.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Putnam County, NY
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE