Another Round of Winter Weather Tracking across the Nation this Weekend
Significant winter weather continues to plague the nation as another storm system tracks from coast to coast this weekend. Heavy snow and unseasonable cold will impact parts of the West on Saturday, while even colder temperatures and life-threatening wind chills spread through the Northern Plains. Sleet and freezing rain is forecast from the Tennessee Valley to Mid-Atlantic on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 6 km/h
- Barometer30.72 in (1042.6 mb)
- Dewpoint-22°C (-8°F)
- Visibility16 km
Current conditions at
Des Moines International Airport (KDSM)
Lat: 41.54 Lon: -93.65 Elev: 957ft.
Des Moines IA
7 Day Forecast
- Today Mostly sunny, with a high near -9. Wind chill values as low as -25. North northwest wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming east northeast in the afternoon.
- Tonight A 40 percent chance of snow, mainly after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -12. Wind chill values as low as -20. East wind 5 to 14 km/h. New snow accumulation of less than a half centimeter possible.
- Sunday Snow. High near -6. Wind chill values as low as -20. East southeast wind 13 to 18 km/h decreasing to 5 to 10 km/h in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 centimeters possible.
- Sunday Night Snow likely before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -14. Wind chill values as low as -20. Light and variable wind becoming west northwest 11 to 16 km/h in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of around a centimeter possible.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near -11. West northwest wind 16 to 23 km/h, with gusts as high as 29 km/h.
- Monday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -15.
- Tuesday Mostly sunny, with a high near -4. Breezy.
- Tuesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around -14.
- Wednesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near -8.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -14.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near -2.
- Thursday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around -8.
- Friday Partly sunny, with a high near 1.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Polk County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE