Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
- Wind SpeedS 11 km/h
- Barometer30.27 in (1026.1 mb)
- Dewpoint-8°C (18°F)
- Visibility11 km
- Wind Chill-11°C (13°F)
Current conditions at
Des Moines International Airport (KDSM)
Lat: 41.54°N Lon: 93.65°W Elev: 957ft.
Des Moines IA
7 Day Forecast
- Overnight Mostly clear, with a low around -7. South southwest wind around 10 km/h.
- Sunday Sunny, with a high near 13. Breezy, with a south southwest wind 13 to 18 km/h increasing to 22 to 27 km/h in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 40 km/h.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 3. Southwest wind 14 to 23 km/h, with gusts as high as 29 km/h.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 18. West wind around 14 km/h.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 3. Northwest wind 5 to 10 km/h becoming east northeast after midnight.
- Tuesday A 50 percent chance of rain after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 7. New precipitation amounts between 1 and 2.5 mm possible.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain and snow before 1am, then a slight chance of snow. Cloudy, with a low around -3. Blustery. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Mostly sunny, with a high near 5.
- Wednesday Night Mostly clear, with a low around -2.
- Thursday Sunny, with a high near 13.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 2.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 13.
- Friday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 2.
- Saturday Mostly sunny, with a high near 9.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Polk County, IA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE