Proposed changes to icons on NWS Point Forecast Pages
The National Weather Service is collecting comments on proposed changes to the icons we use on our Point Forecast Pages. These changes are intended to enhance communication of rapidly changing weather conditions, while also highlighting current weather hazards
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedN 13 mph
- Barometer30.04 in
- Dewpoint28°F (-2°C)
- Visibility7.00 mi
- Wind Chill25°F (-4°C)
Current conditions at
Gary Chicago International (KGYY)
Lat: 41.62°N Lon: 87.42°W Elev: 591ft.
3 Miles SE East Chicago IN
7 Day Forecast
- Today Snow likely, possibly mixed with rain and freezing rain, becoming all snow after 9am, then gradually ending. Cloudy, with a high near 32. North wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Tonight Patchy fog after 3am. Otherwise, partly cloudy, with a low around 16. North wind 10 to 15 mph becoming light and variable after midnight.
- Sunday Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 39. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph.
- Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 34. Southwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 55. Southwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Monday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44.
- Tuesday Night A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26.
- Wednesday A chance of snow. Partly sunny, with a high near 32.
- Wednesday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Thursday Mostly sunny, with a high near 41.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 29.
- Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 52.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Lake County, IN
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE