Wet weather continues across Pacific Northwest and New England
An active weather pattern will continue across the Pacific Northwest on Friday, where an onshore flow will usher in moisture from the Pacific Ocean, resulting in another inch or two of rain across the region. Meanwhile, the coastal storm making its way up the Northeast coast will finally begin to pull away on Friday, but heavy rain is still possible through Friday morning in parts of New England.
4NM NE Gary IN
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 3:02 am CDT Oct 24, 2014
Forecast Valid: 4am CDT Oct 24, 2014-6pm CDT Oct 30, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- Overnight S wind around 10 kt. Cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday SW wind 5 to 10 kt. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night SSW wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SW wind around 10 kt becoming WNW in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 15 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night WNW wind around 10 kt. Mostly clear. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday NW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SSE in the afternoon. Sunny. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Sunday Night SSE wind around 10 kt. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday SSW wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Mostly sunny. Waves around 1 ft.
- Monday Night SSW wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves around 1 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE