Unsettled weather in store for eastern U.S. into weekend
A complex weather system moving across the eastern U.S. will bring a variety of hazardous weather to the region into the weekend. Much colder weather is expected by Saturday, along with numerous showers and accumulating snow in the higher elevations of the Appalachians. Rain and snow will move into northern New England on Sunday.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
4NM NE Gary IN
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 10:02 pm CDT Oct 31, 2014
Forecast Valid: 11pm CDT Oct 31, 2014-6pm CST Nov 7, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- Overnight NNE wind 25 to 30 kt. Scattered snow showers, mainly before 4am. Waves 18 ft subsiding to 15 ft.
- Saturday NNE wind 15 to 20 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. A slight chance of rain and snow showers before 10am. Waves 13 ft subsiding to 9 ft.
- Saturday Night N wind 5 to 10 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt in the evening. Mostly clear. Waves 7 ft subsiding to 1 ft or less.
- Sunday S wind 5 to 15 kt. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night SSW wind around 15 kt. Mostly cloudy. Waves around 1 ft.
- Monday SSW wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Partly sunny. Waves around 1 ft.
- Monday Night SSW wind around 15 kt, with gusts as high as 20 kt. Showers likely. Waves around 1 ft.
- Tuesday SW wind around 15 kt. Showers likely. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tuesday Night W wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. A slight chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE