Severe weather possible for parts of eastern U.S.
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Tuesday afternoon & evening across parts of the Ohio Valley, Appalachians & eastern Great Lakes, from eastern Kentucky northeastward to central New York. The main threat will be strong, damaging wind gusts. Isolated strong to severe storms will also be possible across parts of the southern Plains & lower Miss. Valley.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
4NM NE Gary IN
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 9:02 am CDT Sep 2, 2014
Forecast Valid: 10am CDT Sep 2, 2014-6pm CDT Sep 8, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- Today Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Variable winds less than 5 kt becoming S 5 to 10 kt in the morning. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night S wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday S wind 10 to 15 kt, with gusts as high as 25 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night SSW wind 10 to 15 kt. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday SW wind around 10 kt becoming N in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 15 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night N wind around 15 kt. A chance of showers. Waves 1 ft building to 4 ft.
- Saturday NNE wind around 15 kt. Partly sunny. Waves around 4 ft.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE