Hazardous Weather Outlook product no longer displayed on national hazards map
NWS has made a change to the national hazard map, shown below, and will no longer be displaying the Hazardous Weather Outlook (HWO) product on the map. This change is intended to help users focus more quickly on the immediate impacts of hazards instead of those that are highlighted for the future. The Hazardous Weather Outlook will still be available on local Weather Forecast Office Web pages.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
4NM NE Gary IN
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 6:53 pm CDT Oct 21, 2014
Forecast Valid: 8pm CDT Oct 21, 2014-6pm CDT Oct 28, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- Tonight NNE wind 10 to 15 kt becoming E after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 20 kt. Cloudy during the early evening, then gradual clearing. Waves 6 ft subsiding to 3 ft.
- Wednesday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Waves 1 to 2 ft.
- Wednesday Night ENE wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SSE after midnight. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday SSW wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. Increasing clouds. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night S wind around 10 kt becoming NW after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 15 kt. A chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday W wind 5 to 10 kt. Partly sunny. Waves around 1 ft.
- Friday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday W wind 5 to 10 kt. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night W wind 5 to 10 kt becoming SW after midnight. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE