Severe weather possible from lower Miss. Valley to Northeast, parts of northern Rockies
The NWS Storm Prediction Center is forecasting a risk of severe thunderstorms Monday afternoon and evening across parts of the eastern U.S., from eastern Arkansas across the Tennessee and Ohio Valleys into Southern New England. There is also a risk of severe thunderstorms across parts of the northern Rockies, mainly across the Idaho Panhandle and extreme western Montana.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
4NM NE Gary IN
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 10:02 am CDT Jul 14, 2014
Forecast Valid: 11am CDT Jul 14, 2014-6pm CDT Jul 20, 2014
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- Today WNW wind around 10 kt. A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1pm, then a slight chance of showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Tonight W wind 10 to 15 kt. A slight chance of showers before 10pm. Waves 1 ft or less building to 3 ft.
- Tuesday WNW wind 10 to 15 kt. A slight chance of showers after 1pm. Waves 2 to 3 ft.
- Tuesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Partly cloudy. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday WNW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming N in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Wednesday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Thursday Night Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Variable winds 5 kt or less. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE