Unsettled weather moving into the western and central U.S.
Increasing moisture and colder air will filter into the Pacific Northwest Friday and into
Saturday. Expect rain to start near the coast and then begin to spread steadily to the south and east into the interior mountains as snow Friday into Saturday. Enough moisture will be pushed eastward to also see snow in the central and southern Rockies and adjacent Plains Friday.
3NM NE Gary IN
Marine Point Forecast [NOTICE]
High and low forecast temperature values represent air temperature.
Water temperature forecast is experimental.
Associated Zone Forecast which includes this point
Last Update: 1:03 am CST Feb 27, 2015
Forecast Valid: 2am CST Feb 27, 2015-6pm CST Mar 5, 2015
WAVES ARE PROVIDED AS A RANGE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHTS...WHICH
IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES...ALONG
WITH THE AVERAGE HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 10 PERCENT OF THE WAVES
WHICH WILL OCCASIONALLY BE ENCOUNTERED.
- Overnight WNW wind 5 to 10 kt. A slight chance of snow showers before 3am. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday W wind 5 to 10 kt. Sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Friday Night WSW wind around 10 kt. Mostly clear. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday SW wind around 10 kt becoming SSE in the afternoon. Mostly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Saturday Night S wind around 10 kt, with gusts as high as 15 kt. Snow likely, mainly after 9pm. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday S wind around 10 kt becoming WSW in the afternoon. Snow likely. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Sunday Night WSW wind around 10 kt becoming NW after midnight. A slight chance of snow showers. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday NW wind 5 to 10 kt becoming ESE in the afternoon. Partly sunny. Waves 1 ft or less.
- Monday Night SE wind 5 to 10 kt. A chance of snow and sleet. Waves 1 ft or less.
WAVES OMITTED DUE TO EXTENSIVE ICE COVERAGE
This forecast is for a single location. For safety concerns, mariners should be aware of the weather over a larger area.
Forecast information for a larger area can be found within the zone
forecast and the NDFD graphics.
The forecast conditions at a particular point may not exceed the criteria of a Small Craft Advisory, Gale, Storm etc.
These watches/warnings/advisories are issued for the entire zone in which the point resides and mariners should act accordingly.
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE