Major Winter Storm Continues Across Central, Eastern U.S.
The major winter storm that has been affecting much of the central U.S. continues to move eastward on Friday, bringing a variety of hazards from the southern Plains to New England, including a significant ice storm. Heavy snow and freezing rain are expected from the Ohio Valley into central Texas. Icy conditions will cause dangerous driving conditions and extended power outages are possible.
Hazardous Weather Conditions
- Wind SpeedNW 8 mph
- Barometer30.09 in (1020.8 mb)
- Dewpoint25°F (-4°C)
- Visibility10.00 mi
- Wind Chill22°F (-6°C)
Current conditions at
Bradford Regional Airport (KBFD)
Lat: 41.8 Lon: -78.64 Elev: 2117ft.
9 Miles E Austin PA
7 Day Forecast
- This Afternoon Snow. High near 34. North wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
- Tonight Snow, mainly before 1am. Low around 22. North wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Saturday A chance of snow showers, mainly before 7am. Partly sunny, with a high near 28. Northwest wind 7 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 15. Northwest wind 3 to 8 mph.
- Sunday A chance of snow, mainly after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 26. Calm wind becoming southeast 5 to 8 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Sunday Night Snow and sleet likely before 1am, then freezing rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 24. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Monday A chance of rain before 1pm, then a chance of rain and snow. Cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Monday Night A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 19. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Tuesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 23.
- Tuesday Night A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 8. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Wednesday Mostly cloudy, with a high near 21.
- Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 9.
- Thursday Partly sunny, with a high near 22.
Additional Forecasts and Information
Zone Area Forecast for Potter County, PA
HOURLY WEATHER GRAPH
NATIONAL DIGITAL FORECAST DATABASE